Suspensions in the near future?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
According to Dave Meltzer, the WWE creative team has been given a list of wrestlers not to include on next week's 3-hour Raw. No word yet on who is being left off the show, but a few websites are speculating there will be some suspensions announced this week.

And more information:

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- As Michael reported earlier, the WWE creative team has already been given a list of wrestlers not to write ideas for as they will be unavailable for the foreseeable future, starting with next Monday's three-hour episode of Raw. Dave Meltzer said in today's Wrestling Observer Radio show that the company will indeed be suspending some main roster talent within the next few days. Drug testing took place at shows over the weekend, in addition to yesterday's Raw.

Further confirming that some suspensions will be taking place is that it is standard company protocol for head officials to inform creative that certain performers will not be available for the foreseeable future. This fact was publicly disclosed by World Wrestling Entertainment in Henry Waxman's report concerning steroids in professional wrestling released this past January.

Although, there is a lot of skepticism among many in WWE these days in regards to how the company is handling drug test violations. Since the fall of 2007, the official policy on drug test failures has been to publicly announce all failures no matter what, but internally, some believe the company isn't completely abiding by its own set of rules.

For instance, of the four confirmed developmental releases within the past two days (Lupe Viscara, Jon Cutler, Dakota "Maverick" Darsow and Kafu), two were reportedly let go as a result of drug test failures. It is rather peculiar that WWE officials opted against publicly outing the violators when it is company policy to do so.

Early last year, WWE announced the suspensions of developmental wrestlers Derrick Neikirk and Neil "Chet the Jet" Bzibziak, releasing them shortly thereafter. In this new case, the company appears to be circumventing its own set of rules by quietly releasing talent so more unwanted negative attention isn't drawn to WWE concerning drug use amongst its wrestlers — especially due to little known minor league talent when the company is adamantly trying to clean up its image. Had they not terminated the violators in question, they would have had no choice but to publicly announce their respective suspensions, hence the quiet releases, which apparently is WWE's new way of getting around the policy.

I really hope it's nobody that I like...

Seriously.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! This is interesting. I wonder who is going to be suspended. Hopefully it's not anyone that his getting a huge push right now, and could hurt him in the long run. It would be funny if Masters was on the list lol.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope this doesn't mean what I think it could mean...

rajah.com

Edge was scheduled to appear at live events in Binghamton, New York and Hershey, PA this weekend, but his name has been removed from the advertised list of stars on WWE.com

It will apparently have to be changed, but the official website of The Giant Center in Hershey is still advertising a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight between Jeff Hardy, CM Punk and Edge for Sunday's show.

Christian's name was also removed from the listings on WWE.com, although that is likely as a result of his title loss at Extreme Rules. The Giant Center website has Tommy Dreamer defending the ECW Championship against Jack Swagger.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Edge gets suspended I'll be crush. I thought he would learn his lesson the first time. But I would read to much into it, because in the past few months Edge looked the same. It was pretty obvious when he was on the juice. But I might be totally way wrong. Hopefully he's not one of them.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's more info:

In an update to ProWrestling.com's earlier on the Wellness Policy, reports say that the latest list of Wellness Policy violations is expected to include some major WWE names. WWE is expected to publicly announce the suspended talent--which reportedly includes first and second-time offenders--soon. (Source: PWTorch.com)

I've got a really bad feeling about this

Really bad

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You got to be kidding me, I am not looking forward to this list anymore. I wonder how many people will be included in this list.

Hopefully they also state what they took to fail the wellness program though.

I sure hope it's not Edge. He's the only reason I've been watching SmackDown! these last few weeks. If he does down, I think I would lose my interest all together. :eek:

HappyFace

Registered Member
You know what would be good though, is if the big time players were suspened so that alot of the younger guys have to jump up and take over. It's like in the NRL, during Rep time when players get pulled up from their respectve teams to play for their state that team must use their younger players.