Suspension Body Piercing

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, this is one of the most messed up things I have ever seen. Apparently some people are into something referred to as "Suspension piercing" where they suspend themselves from their piercings. :shocked:

And I didn't even watch this entire video but I'm pretty sure it shows this procedure. It seems like an absolutely idiotic thing to do to yourself.

YouTube - Suspension Piercing by JJ! Big Hooks! Pre Suspension Footage

Am I the only one who thinks you would have to have some sort of mental disorder to WANT to do something like this? Talk about a serious case of masochism. :shocked:

:urp:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Oh my God ... I couldn't see the video til the end. I couldn't handle it ...

I wouldn't jump on a conclusion to call it a mental disorder but this is an extremely abnormal state of mind and BODY.

Last edited:

Scissorhands

Registered Member
I agree to disagree with Hoes here.

My first thought is "Wow, people that do that are weird." But I erase that thought almost as quick as it is generated. I have tattoos and piercings. Some people just do different things. They may find thrill in this. I respect them for it.

What's the point in going to 6-Flags? In listening to music? Playing games? Living?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
What's the point in going to 6-Flags? In listening to music? Playing games? Living?
Well, to be fair these are all things in a very different category than "inflicting extremely painful physical injury upon yourself."

Sure they are doing it because they have their own personal reasons or whatever. I just think those reasons are due to a serious mental disorder. I mean, can you imagine if one of those piercings ripped out? It would tear your skin apart. The pain would be unbearable. You don't run the risk of that when listing to music or playing games.. :stare:

Last edited:

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Maybe we should start a new thread for this debate that we are wading into, lol.

Mental illness. Normality is only defined by majority. Most people don't have tattoos so it is out of the norm to get them. (Of course this statistic is numbers, and tattoos aren't usually related to mental disability.) But as far as this topic goes, I don't think you should consider their mental state to be wrong.

(Okay, I decided. New topic needed for what I have to say, lol.)

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I have seen this before and the first time I saw it I was totally grossed out. I'm still grossed out about it, it looks so painful and im always afraid of the skin ripping and them falling to the floor :dead:

But whatever floats your boat... :shifteyes:

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I don't see how you can say the people who get this done have a mental disorder, sure it's a little weird but I think saying they have a disorder of some form is going a little far. It would be like me saying all religious people have mental disorders because they believe in and live their life by something that cannot be proven. It seems people are quick to label something like that because they don't understand it.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I saw this type of thing live at a festival once. Download at Donington Park I believe it was, bloke from one of the bands was going for the world record of being suspended like that. I actually thought it was pretty cool, still do.