Surround Sound and Xbox 360

Twitch

Registered Member
How do I get my surround sound working for my Xbox 360?

The surround sound system is plugged into the DVD player and the Xbox 360. When you play a movie that works with surround sound in the DVD player, All 5 speakers work fine. But when you play the Xbox, only the left, right, and center speakers work. Not the two in the back.

Does the Xbox just not work with surround sound?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The 360 works just fine with surround sound for me. You should have your DVD player plugged into a separate input from your 360. Are you sure you have surround sound turned on for your 360? I think there may be an option (don't quote me on that). Also, I can't get surround sound to work with an HDMI cable. I use the regular HD cables.

Twitch

Registered Member
They aren't in the same input, the DVD is CD/DVD and the Xbox is the AUX.

Do I need to get something extra, or can I just plug in the red and white audio chords in the surround sound box?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Just the red and white. The best I can say is play with the buttons on the surround sound receiver. I have a button called "surround" that can turn it into mono.

Twitch

Registered Member
I figured it out, there is this little input on the back of that thing you plug into the xbox, that you can switch the video from HD to normal. I plugged one in there and another into the surround sound and it worked.

Thanks for the help though, bro.