Surprise death?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Most of the wrestlers or past wrestlers that have died the last fifteen years or so were around the age of 40.

Which wrestler were you shock the most when you found out he was dead?

If you choose Benoit, which I believe will be the concensus choice, please choose a second wrestler as well.

Thoughts?

Yup, I was going to choose Benoit. I was shocked since he was wasn't a wrestler that was retired or anything like that, he was a guy that had a match the previous week and an upcoming match, too! A real shocker.

My second would be Eddie. When Eddie passed I was shocked since like Benoit he was still in the business and these it just come so suddenly.

When somebody passes away after they retire it isn't as a big of a shock as if they were still wrestling. I mean, when they are still wrestling you expect them to stay alive until they retire.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit equally. They were both shocking because they were both really young. Once I found out the circumstances then Benoit's was more shocking but when I heard each died I was shocked as much as the other.

HappyFace

Registered Member
Of course Eddie and Benoit they were my era's greats so when they left this world it kinda took away something I loved about wrestling.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
Eddie and Benoits shocked me a lot, as did British Bulldogs. However, the one that knocked me for six the most was Test's. It was just a complete shock to me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I have to agree with everyone. I remember when I heard that Eddie passed away, I was watching a sports station, and at the bottom they had a ticker giving scores, and general news. Then they posted that Eddie died, I was stunned, speechless, just didn't know what to say.

Marvelous1

Registered Member
Definitely Owen Hart. He was young. He wasn't a steroid abuser. And as far as I know he had no known medical conditions. His death was purely an accident. With WWF/WWE being the number one company in sports entertainment and with their vast experience in putting on wrestling shows a fatal accident at one of their shows is a huge schock!!

Anthony1975

Registered Member
You can add Mitsuharu Misawa to this list. I logged on to the Wrestling Observer site the other day and was hit like a ton of bricks upon reading the news.