Surovy hits Halak in head after goal

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Millz, May 6, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What the fuck was that, if I was Halak I would of charged him. That is one of the dumbest things I've seen in my life. If I was the IHF I would suspended him for a real long time, if they don't take any action then if I was the Slovakian coach I would sit him and suspend him.

3. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree...this is mind boggling and ridiculous. When my buddy at work told me about it I couldnt mind it...and then seeing it...it wasnt a love tap...he NAILED him with his stick.
    ------
    I was just thinking...

How is this any different to what Marty McSorley did to Donald Brashear? Just because their teammates shouldnt change anything.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

What the hell? That is friggin' ridiculous. Reading the title of the thread, I was trying to think what I was about to see. I figured a little tap, maybe hitting him with the puck.... I did not think it would be a baseball swing at the back of his own goalie's head. I agree with you guys, he should be suspended or benched... for a long ass time. You just can't do that kind of thing.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's nothing different then what McSorley or what Perezogin did. It's the same thing, he took his stick and swung it at Halak's face. Luckly he was wearing a goalie helmet, so he didn't get injured. The League office as to take in mind that if this was done to a player that is not a goalie it could of injured him far worse.

I wish I understood what those announcers were saying, it looks like they were laughing at the end.