Surname

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Do you like your surname (last name)?

Do you keep your dad's or your mom's?

Would you change it if getting married/any other reason?

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I love my surname. It's very Scottish and reminds me of my roots, even if my passport doesn't! haha

I have, as per tradition here, my dad's surname and as per tradition again, I would take on my future husbands surname. I have been considering lately that that depends on the surname. My name is latin and most Afrikaans surnames do not go wel with my name, so if it is a van der Merwe or a Koekemoer, then no, I will rather keep my name, thank you.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I used to really hate my last name as I thought it was boring and also it's a boys first name, but over the past 2 years or so I've come to like it as I have seen people with worse last names than mine! lol

It's my dad's second name that I have, that's usually the tradition here.

If I were to get married I would take my husband's second name.

Last edited:

I never liked my surname much but I don't really care, either, lol. Doesn't bother me and I like it more as I get older.

My dad's. It's better than my mum's maiden name, at least.

Yeah, don't see why not. Just tradition and I've never thought about doing it any other way, if I ever got married.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex

I like my surname because there are only my family (immediate) with it. It depends what the person I married's surname was as to whether I'd change it or not. It's my mums surname!!!

:) xxx

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
As a male from a structured nuclear family... I dont really have much choice in changing my name. However, if I could I strongly doubt that I would. Its not that I adore my name, its just that over the 24 years I've spent on Earth... this name has been me.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
My last name is from my Dad's side and I like it...its a fairly popular last name as well.

My Mom's last name is Roth-Roffy so I am happy I'm not stuck with that haha.

theotherone

Registered Member
My last name is hilarious and sounds like an insult... I like it for some reason because of that. It makes me stand out to employers (it's a hard to forget name), it creates a good comic basis for new friends to tease me about, and just generally gives my life a fun twist :cute:

As for changing it... I don't know. I've thought about just coming up with a whole new name out of my head that means something to me (my uncle did that when he got married the first time) or taking the last name of my SO, depending on whether I like it. I may end up just keeping my own!