Surging shoppers kill Wal-Mart employee

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Xeilo, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Source: Surging shoppers kill Wal-Mart employee | World Breaking News | News.com.au

I just find that so ridiculous, they killed a man, even tho they didnt mean it, just for sales! Why do people get that crazy over sales?

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

oh my god!! thats shocking! its a bit extreme i mean its only a sale for god sake its not the end of the world. poor wal market employee :( killed for peoples crazy lust for a bargin

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

It was bound to happen sooner or later. This is the first reported Death and injuries of the day.

It's sad that people can't even go to work without getting killed for a good deal in the electronics section.
    I hope Walmart compensates that employee's family for his death.

This is exactly why I don't go out on Black Friday. Now to that man's family it truly is Black Friday.

Now this should show these companies that they need to do away with the "Door Buster sales" on BF and just have regular entire month long sales instead of just one day.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  4. PollyAnne

PollyAnne Registered Member

That's the reason I don't shop on Black Friday any longer. I've been in line with some real idiots who think they need to shove and push in order to call the day a success.
    No thank you, I'll pay the extra few bucks and keep my sanity.

What a tragedy that someone had to die. When will the stores learn to have some sort of order established before opening the doors?

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Didn't a similar incident happen a year ago, and a year ago before that? With all these accidents happening, I'm surprise more stores don't create a rule or at least get more security before having the horde of people invade the store.

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't understand, if they know there are going to be a lot of people come for the crazy sales or whatever, why don't they put some people on the door or something to regulate the line and people entering to make sure things like this don't happen.

7. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

It's just tradition... :D

Well with the economy as it is now it makes it a little more understandable why people would go so crazy to ensure they can get the best deals to have a good Christmas but still this is just not acceptable.
    When Hearing how crazy Black Friday gets I always wonder why they don't extend the deals for just one more day to even out the swarms of shoppers...

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Wooooo A huge round of applause for America, You know you've come to a pinnacle in our materialistic existence when we begin to stampede over customer service employees.

I mean shit its like our Military! When we go to battle we take more of our own casualties than the enemy does.... You wanna talk about striking fear into a gang of rebel soldiers hearts, just tell 'em. "We're so effective we kill more of our own than we will you... and we'll still kick your ass".

Woooo Go America wheres the sarcastic applause smiley when i need it! :no: + :applause:

9. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

It's disgusting that corporations manufacture hype by stuffing all their sales into this one day. It's a month until Christmas but they've managed to give their consumer base raving bloodlust. If they simply spread out their sales, we wouldn't have such a terrible fate for that worker, or for the woman that miscarried.

Also:

That's right. Wal-Mart made money off of this minimum-wage worker's trampling.

10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

That's ridiculous, those people should feel so bad.

Just because there are amazing sales doesn't give you the right to lose all senses and go crazy.