• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Surfing

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone ever try it?

I'm probably going to try it for the first time this summer. One of my good friends is really good at it, and I told him that I wanted to go somewhere this summer where I can try it. So right now we're just looking at possible destinations. He's going to find somewhere the waves aren't that big so I don't break my neck though. I'm a bit scared cause I heard it can be dangerous at times especially if you catch a big wave, but on the other hand I'm really pumped for it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've never tried it. It looks like it would be fun, but also very difficult. I would try it if the opportunity ever came up, but it's not really something I have to do. I'm much more interested in skiing or snowboarding. I'm not really an ocean person.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've never tried it, but it looks fun and I have a lot of surfer friends back home, so I used to watch them from time to time. If I wasn't so scared of the ocean, I would try it. Let us know how it goes when you do try it out Biz.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
It's a lot of fun but difficult to get the hang of. I used to surf very often in high school and college. The waves down here aren't too big so it's easier to get the hang of riding smaller waves down here.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Is this inspired by Danno? :)

I haven't tried surfing mostly because I still feel I can't swim so I never dared swim in the ocean with water above my neck and I doubt if I can catch waves big enough near the shore. :lol: My ex-bf loves surfing and windsurfing. I just watch him do it and have fun with it. He surfs in CA and in the southern islands in the Philippines. For you, I found areas in Canada: List of surfing areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or you can do a Danno and plan a vaca in Hawaii and learn to surf there!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've tried a few times, never managed to get into standing position on a board without falling off, still heaps of fun though.