• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Supreme Court to decide same-sex marriage

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Supreme Court to decide same-sex marriage - SFGate

Pro-gay-marriage won the lower court ruling and is the leader in the clubhouse, so denying gay marriage would be overturning the lower court's ruling.

Ruling due in June. Probably the court's biggest issue in the next year.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is one of those issues that needs to go to the supreme court. I don't envy them their decision because no matter what they decide there will be those that won't be happy with it.

I personally don't have a problem with same sex marriage. I can understand why people would want this right. I say whatever floats your boat and its not for me to decide for you. That is as long as what your doing isn't hurting someone.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I don't think the SCOTUS is going to give a narrow decision and strike down Prop. 8 and DOMA and not grant gays the right to marry. While Prof. Cohen is correct in there is a trend and the justices have to be aware of it, I think they are going to go with that trend not because of the trend itself, but because a prohibition of gay marriage violates the 14th Amendment. I think by next summer we're going to see that happen and every state will have to issue them marriage licenses and legally recognize gay marriage.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think it would be nice to finally be done with this. I'm sick of hearing about it and I'm sick of people trying to insist that there is ANY negative effects of this because there aren't. It's something people need to deal with and move on to more important issues. The breadth of this issue exposes the real infancy of the US.