PC Games Supreme Commander OMFG!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by pikatore, Feb 22, 2007.

1. pikatore

pikatore Registered Member

Just bought supreme commander, and IM LOVING IT. Who else is getting it?

2. Yeah I had it reserved...awesome game huh? It's all I've been playing for the past week or so.

3. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Guest

I bought that one too, it's really great!
    Another great thing about the game is the possibility to download and watch other people's replays, I love watching big matches between very good players, and I learn new tactics that way too.

I can't wait for the Directx 10 patch though, it should speed it up when playing huge maps with a lot of units :)

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Don't know about whether I will buy it or not. TA was crap, so it's rather soured by taste for the developers.

Something Awful generally seems to be giving the advantage to Command and Conquer 3, however.

Wow! That's just like...Command and Conquer: Generals! Which came out in 2003.

5. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Guest

If you didn't like TA, you might not like this one either... but maybe you should try the demo.

Command & Conquer 3 looks like it'll be a great RTS as well, although they are very different, so it's not a waste to get both.

Concerning the replays, I know C&C: Generals had that possibility as well, but many other RTS don't, that's why I wrote about it (I didn't say it was a new option that was never seen before, just that it's something I like).

6. pikatore

pikatore Registered Member

SC brings a whole new meaning to strategy gaming. You aren't restricted to the fixed scrolling camera. You can truly manage your forces on a micro-macro scale. It has a very advanced waypoint system, tells you how long it takes for this to build, to get here or there.... it feels great to have all this information, and actually MAKE USE of it.

and cc3 will be great, im not denyin it