• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Support President Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimColyer

Registered Member
Part of our problem is that the party out of power wants to impeach the president no matter who he is. I was against impreaching Bill Clinton. To even think of impeaching George Bush is absurd.

No, we are not better off than we were 6 years ago, but we are better off than we would be if Gore or Kerry were president. Bush has risen to the occasion. He has worked tirelessly to keep America safe since 9/11.

This is not Vietnam. All this has happened as a result of 9/11. Muslim fanatics aimed to destroy the heart and soul of America: our economic interests in the Twin Towers and our military strength at the Pentagon. The downed plane was to take out our Capitol and center of government.

Nor is this Vietnam in that no one is being drafted off the streets and forced into combat against his will. The men in Iraq are volunteers, professional soldiers. For my part, if any one of them can not handle the stress, bring him home. We do not need suicides.

Iran is the problem now. I perused the interview Ahmadinejad gave to Time Magazine. Ahmadinejad's world view hinges on his hatred for the United States and Israel. He denies the Nazi holocaust against the Jews in World War II and says that Israel should be "wiped off the map." He resents the U.S. being a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council when, in fact, the U.N. owes its existence to the United States.

Iran is developing nuclear plants. Nuclear energy is a wonderful thing when used for peaceful purposes. Every country which has developed nuclear energy also has the atomic bomb. Iran would be no exception. But it might be the one likely to use it or make it available to terrorist groups. We can not trust the fanatic fringe. If the hijackers had nuclear weapons on 9/11, there would be no New York City and no Washington, DC today. George Bush has looked them in the eye and warned them it will not happen on his watch. Let's support our president.

U.S. PRESIDENTS http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=50

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Part of our problem is that the party out of power wants to impeach the president no matter who he is. I was against impreaching Bill Clinton. To even think of impeaching George Bush is absurd.
So it’s absurd to want to get rid of a president that started a pointless war? He has even stated, very blatantly, that the War in Iraq had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction, and stood by his “overthrowing a regime” theory. Guess what? The United States only triggered a civil war that will undoubtedly cause the deaths of many innocent citizens.

No, we are not better off than we were 6 years ago, but we are better off than we would be if Gore or Kerry were president. Bush has risen to the occasion. He has worked tirelessly to keep America safe since 9/11.
How do you know how much better we’d be with Kerry or Gore? Do you have a time machine that magically takes you to an alternate universe where Kerry or Gore won the election? No, you don’t. You may ask why; it’s because neither John Kerry nor Al Gore are in office. You can’t predict an alternate present, my friend. I’m tired of hearing people say that we’re no better off than we would be with the other two, because YOU DON’T KNOW.

Bush has risen to what occasion? Taking advantage of the religious beliefs of the majority of voting Americans and older members of the Republican controlled Houses? He hasn’t worked to keep us safe; he’s worked to keep his billion dollar industry safe. That’s right, I said it. Why hasn’t he forced North Korea to submit their weapons (which they have)? Better yet, why is he focusing on Iran now, even though they only have ONE reactor capable of creating weapons-grade nuclear material? Oh wait, Iran has oil; North Korea doesn’t. Let’s not forget who North Korea’s best friend is: China. He has made us safe? No. He has caused the United States to lose many valuable allies, and is about to lose one of the most important to world stability.

This is not Vietnam. All this has happened as a result of 9/11. Muslim fanatics aimed to destroy the heart and soul of America: our economic interests in the Twin Towers and our military strength at the Pentagon. The downed plane was to take out our Capitol and center of government.
Muslim fanatics? Listen to yourself. That’s a blatent racist remark, and I have lost a great deal of respect for this conversation we’re going to have. How dare you claim that the Muslims are fanatics. They aren’t Have you ever met a Muslim? I have met several in my adventures. The religion of the man had nothing to do with their intentions. They had no economical reasons behind this. They knew to strike the World Trade Center because it was a SYMBOL of American greatness. The attackers wanted the United States public to realize that it isn’t as invincible as it could be. The fact that it’s an economic superpower has nothing to do with the fact that they attacked it. Same goes for the Pentagon. And no, they weren’t aiming to take out our “center of government” by hitting the Capitol (and they don’t know that that was the target, the White House could have also been where it was headed). In either way, the main goal was to attack the collective American consciousness. The Capitol Building and The White House are very strong symbols to Americans of our greatness, and a source of great patriotism. Same for the towers and The Pentagon.

Nor is this Vietnam in that no one is being drafted off the streets and forced into combat against his will. The men in Iraq are volunteers, professional soldiers. For my part, if any one of them can not handle the stress, bring him home. We do not need suicides.
The men in Iraq are being made to stay for extra time on their tours of duty. Is that fair to men who have volunteered to serve their country? Guess what, there have been at least one hundred suicides in Iraq. You can’t do jack about it. Oh wait, we can. It’s called Democracy. Bush needs to get them out, and not now… but two years ago.

Iran is the problem now. I perused the interview Ahmadinejad gave to Time Magazine. Ahmadinejad's world view hinges on his hatred for the United States and Israel. He denies the Nazi holocaust against the Jews in World War II and says that Israel should be "wiped off the map." He resents the U.S. being a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council when, in fact, the U.N. owes its existence to the United States.
Sir, the United Nations was created my many independent countries after the League of Nations failed (which, by the way, WAS a purely American idea. Don’t challenge my history. Like I said, Iran isn’t a problem. They want you to believe that Iran is a problem to avoid North Korea because they don’t have massive oil reserves that Mr. Bush could control when he’s out of office in a couple more years.

And I quote: “The idea for the UN was elaborated in declarations signed at the wartime Allied conferences in Moscow, Cairo, and Tehran in 1943. From August to October 1944, representatives of France, the Republic of China, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the Soviet Union met to elaborate the plans at the Dumbarton Oaks Estate in Washington, DC. Those and later talks produced proposals outlining the purposes of the organization, its membership and organs, and arrangements to maintain international peace and security and international economic and social cooperation.”

Oh, and if you really believe all that about Iran’s president, I have something for you to read. It’s a letter he sent to President Bush in May that the entire government shook off because they didn’t want to believe that maybe he’s a decent man. I’ve read it. You and anyone else reading this post should, too. http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,[email protected],[email protected],0.html

Iran is developing nuclear plants. Nuclear energy is a wonderful thing when used for peaceful purposes. Every country which has developed nuclear energy also has the atomic bomb. Iran would be no exception. But it might be the one likely to use it or make it available to terrorist groups. We can not trust the fanatic fringe. If the hijackers had nuclear weapons on 9/11, there would be no New York City and no Washington, DC today. George Bush has looked them in the eye and warned them it will not happen on his watch. Let's support our president.
No, Iran isn’t developing nuclear power plants. They are crating weapons grade plutonium from the stocks that the United States gave them with their only reactor in better times. Every country that has developed nuclear energy has atomic bombs? Really? Please, prove this to me. Prove to me that there aren’t any states that have nuclear power that have nuclear weapons. Oh, wait, there’s Japan. Iran doesn’t want a weapon for offense. They want a weapon to send to whoever decides that they want to attack Iran. Basically it is a mini Cold War for Iran to protect itself in case their enemies Israel want to send over some unnecessary weapons of their own. It’s not about attacking, it’s about defense. Nuclear weapons are a great deterrent. I don’t feel the need to address your conclusion, as it’s already been addressed in every part of this post.

Doc

V.I.P.
Did you not read a word I said about Iran? About the fact that they only want weapons for defense? How about the letter? Did you read it? No.

No, you didn't. You're afraid that I'm going to cut down your trail of lies and propoganda that you're nice comfortable government has created for you. Stop being a pansy and think for yourself instead of letting an overpowered instution do it for you.

Albey

Registered Member
Calm down scuba. Its only a conversation, no need to get all frantic about it.
Although, I completly agree with you.

On other thoughts, I think bush is doing a good job, except for the fact that yes, he should have pulled the men out 2 years ago. I have had alot of my friends go over to iraq, and some of them have seen some stuff no-one needs to see.

As for kerry being president, i'm personaly glad he didn't win, and god knows what he would have done in this war if he did.

As for iran wanting to have nucular weapons to attack others? Thats rediculous. Iran wants nothing more but to be safe and not bothered.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Iran wants nuclear weapons because the President of Iran is a Muslim extremist (what's wrong with saying that?) and he wants to destroy the nation Isreal and her counterparts (that's us). By his beliefs, destroying these nations will facilitate the return of the Hidden Imam. The group that Ahmadinejad belongs to believes that upon the return of the Hidden Imam, the true Muslims of the world will be brought to power over the world and all of the Jews and Christians will be destroyed. His UN speech ended as all of his speeches end, with a request for Allah to bing the hidden Imam.

When you speak of peaceful uses of nuclear wepons, you are allying yourself with Ahmadinejad who is a murderous nutjob. He denies the Holocaust even existed for crying out loud! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadinejad#Holocaust_denial_and_allegations_of_anti-Semitism
We are witnessing Hitler all over again. To say we should let him develope a bomb and then ask him not to use it would be funny if the consequences weren't so dire.
Its late and need sleep, but I would ask you to think about this one thing: No matter how we got here, no matter who's in power now or the future, we are in a world war. Muslim Extremist have been telling us this for 15 years and its time for all of us to realize whats at stake. This is a war that we could very well lose. Iran, Russia and China are allying themselves against us. There is not a day that passes where I couldn't point to a news article that shows this is happening. To me, this is very serious stuff. We need to be prepared, I beleive our country is going to require sacrifices from all of us in the future.
Say what you will about Bush, I will let the fact there has been no attacks since 9/11 speak for itself. I don't understand your conspircy theory about Bush controlling Iranian oil, but whatever. I would like to hope you are right and thats all it is, but things definately seem infinately more dangerous than that.

Doc

V.I.P.
On a side note, I'd like to say to you that I was trying to be a voice over jim, and I do firmly believe that Iran's president is a certified lunatic.

I belive there are any open options for what Iran is trying to do with the weapons, but how do we as citizens know either way that he's using them for offensive or defensive purposes?

And I completely agree that we've been in another world war for several years now, ti's just a matter of the rest of the world's powers admitting to it.

Don't forget to add North Korea to that list. India is a toss-up. The way it's looking now, the allies are pretty much the United States, Britan, France (psh.. France), Germany, Isreal, and South Korea. Should a major war erupt, I'd be interested to see what sides Japan, Italy, and several smaller countries end up on.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do not think that Iran should get nuclear power right now. Why not? Because their president publicly called for Israel to be wiped off of the map.

You can't be a president of a country that already has a lot of bad press and say something like that, and then say "Oh I was just kidding, but seriously I really do want to get nuclear technology for ENERGY, nothing else.."

He didn't say it just like that, but when you call for "Israel to be wiped off the map," you can't come out and request nuclear power shortly after. Gee I wonder..

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
And I think we would agree iraq has been a disaster of a war. Dropping democracy in the middle of that area was a good idea. It looks like it has been poorly executed. Can we get another President that will handle the war effectively? I hope so.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Screw Bush!! Bush is a putz. He needs to be taken out and shot! He only cares abought the rich!
I hope the next one is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.