• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Support for Gay Marriage Has Never Been Higher

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The fact that gay marriage is far more accepted doesn't preclude discussion on it. We could discuss why it happened so fast, we could discuss how long we think it will take to reach a similar status to racial discrimination, we could discuss possible ramifications of it (including, but not limited to, various church's response to it). In other words, the church's response is just one subset of possible directions this thread could go.

- - - -

I think one of the big thing that's been missed in this discussion is that while attendance and donations are important to a church, many Christians would literally rather die than accept something that they feel is a sin.
We could discuss a lot of things. I was discussing the main idea presented in the OP as was everyone else in this thread. The problem is NONE of those things were presented in the OP, the opinion that somehow the church will HAVE to reconcile that with the Bible was, so I have NO idea how those discussions would come about. AND technically speaking if I were to have gone on some tangent that you suggested I would venture to guess you would have infracted me for not staying on topic. For some reason known only to God and you, you said I was only focusing on one part of the OP. First off so was EVERYONE else but secondly my focus on that part has nothing to with what you're suggesting we COULD talk about.

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
We could discuss a lot of things. I was discussing the main idea presented in the OP as was everyone else in this thread. The problem is NONE of those things were presented in the OP, the opinion that somehow the church will HAVE to reconcile that with the Bible was, so I have NO idea how those discussions would come about. AND technically speaking if I were to have gone on some tangent that you suggested I would venture to guess you would have infracted me for not staying on topic. For some reason known only to God and you, you said I was only focusing on one part of the OP. First off so was EVERYONE else but secondly my focus on that part has nothing to with what you're suggesting we COULD talk about.
Most of what I mentioned was obvious. If something unexpected happens, asking why it happened or what it might mean in the future is pretty much status quo. You latched on to one aspect of the OP, and the conversation continued from there. Threads go off topic all the time - so obviously a discussion that IS related to the OP will be more likely to continue.

You focused on his last two sentences. I focused on the thread title, the link, and his first sentence. It is possible that he meant for the thread to go the direction you took it. It's possible he meant it to go another direction entirely. More likely, he just saw an interesting article, and included a few thoughts that popped into his head.