Superstitions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeanie, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Are you superstitious at all? What superstitions do you respect?

----------------------------------------

I'm not really superstitious, but I do respect the jinx, and I do knock or touch wood when I'm afraid I might jinx something.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Yes I am, but not about things like spilling salt or knocking on wood. To me it's more about doing something the same way so the jinx isn't thrown off, or having lucky items.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

not really. i used to be a bit .. but now i'm not at all.
    i don't believe in such things.

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes I can be, particularly before big matches. I'll think to myself "If I don't pull that curtain all the way shut, I'll lose tomorrow".

Very sad but I'd never forgive myself if I didn't pull that bloody certain and ended up tasting defeat.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Same as you Jeanie. I say "touch wood" and also avoid walking under ladders.

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm only superstitious as far as 'touch wood' goes, and I think it's more as it was ingrained into me as a kid rather than I am superstitious. Walking under ladders, Friday 13th and all that don't bother me in the slightest.

7. Lord_catypus

Lord_catypus New Member

I'm not but i still dont walk under ladders just becasue it doesnt seem safe.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Mine was routines. When I was playing hockey very regularly I had a ritual that I'd do before every game, mostly just about "waking the posts up" to watch my back if I screwed up.

Here at work I'll stop using a peice of paper if I screw up the takeoff. What I'll do is just copy everything I've done and re-do it sans the error. The fear is, if I have to many screw ups on one piece of paper; I wont get the job.

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

what is this superstition with walking under ladders? why not? i don't get it.

10. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

I always figured the "knock on wood" thing was a figure of speech until I noticed my brother physically find some wood to knock on while he was describing the situation we were trying to avoid. I always thought that to be a little too dramatic...