• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Superstition

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Are you a superstitious ladder-avoider? I mean wood-toucher? I mean person?

Do you touch your crown and offer your greetings to magpies when you see them? (Some do).
Do you avoid stepping on grates?
Do you hold your breath near cemeteries?
Do you touch wood to ensure good luck arises regarding something you've mentioned?

etc etc etc - Are you superstitious.

Also... If there are any weird superstitions out there please let us know. Although, not being superstitious I reckon they all are... but that's me. How about you?

Bliss

Sally Twit
The only one I do is touch wood. Personally I find it all a crock of shit but I've always done the 'touch wood' thing out of habit.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I prefer to think I'm not superstitious.
I don't want to hear about superstitious stuff otherwise I get afraid and take them seriously even when they sound ridiculous.
I touch the wood or the stone when I hear about deaths but that's about it.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm not superstitious at all about anything except touching wood. I firmly believe in the jinx, and I got all nerved up earlier today when I was in the car and had no wood around to touch after saying that neither my daughter nor I had been sick in over two years.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I firmly believe in the jinx, and I got all nerved up earlier today when I was in the car and had no wood around to touch after saying that neither my daughter nor I had been sick in over two years.
I'm not sure if I get that right. When you say 'jinx' you have to touch wood or else you get sick?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I read horoscopes here and there just to see if they come true or not, usually they don't. When I played baseball I had a lucky coin on me at all times and wouldn't leave home with out it.

Dabs

Registered Member
No, I'm not a superstitious person at all. I think most of it is silly nilly crappus. I walk under a ladder on purpose if I see one up! Cemeteries fascinate me, they do not scare me. The number 13, I always considered my lucky number, or favorite number. But, that seems odd in a way now, because my Dad passed away on the 13th. But, nothing bothers me, no black cats crossing my path, nothing.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
No, I'm not a superstitious person at all. I think most of it is silly nilly crappus. I walk under a ladder on purpose if I see one up! Cemeteries fascinate me, they do not scare me. The number 13, I always considered my lucky number, or favorite number. But, that seems odd in a way now, because my Dad passed away on the 13th. But, nothing bothers me, no black cats crossing my path, nothing.
I've heard English people like to keep black cats at home so I don't see how the superstition about them bringing bad luck could be true. Sounds contradictory.

Dabs

Registered Member
I've heard English people like to keep black cats at home so I don't see how the superstition about them bringing bad luck could be true. Sounds contradictory.

Around here, if a black cat runs across the road while you are driving, some superstitious people will freak out :lol: But like I said, it doesn't mean shit to me.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if I get that right. When you say 'jinx' you have to touch wood or else you get sick?
yes. I know it's stupid, but I can't help it. I get all nerved up if I say "thus and such hasn't happened" or whatever and I don't touch wood.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth General Discussion 6
Babe_Ruth General Discussion 5
idisrsly Sports 1
Hilander Offbeat News 11
icegoat63 NFL 2