• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Superstars Discussion: 05/26/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm pretty stoked about this week's Superstars, because we'll be seeing Trent Barreta vs. Tyson Kidd again. These guys put on one of the better WWE matches I had seen in a while (outside of Christian/Orton) on a recent Superstars, and I can't wait to see more.

They didn't really announce other matches from what I could see, but the show should be available this afternoon at 5 Eastern Time/4 Central Time.

Discuss the results here!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder if Michael Hayes will come out with Tyson Kidd this week or what is going to happen there. I hope they aren't getting rid of the manager idea that fast haha

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm really confident (maybe over-confident) that they'll follow through with the Hayes/Kidd relationship for a good while. I just think that they're adding a new degree of intensity to the angle that will make Kidd look better and make this more than Hayes giving advice during matches.

Before Kidd faced Tatsu last week, Hayes got on the mic for a few minutes. The ref had to stop him and say "we have to have a match here!" It was pretty entertaining, they really need to keep this going. I think it could go over really well if it makes it to SD.

Also hoping for another Major Broskis appearance, and a win this time! WWWYKI.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Divas match, there hasn't been one on Superstars in a while I think. No offense to them, but there's a lot of mid/low card gentlemen that I'd rather see getting an opportunity through this show. The Divas get TV time on Raw/SD no matter what in some capacity.
------
Curt Hawkins just tweeted what's going to be on the show, singles matches with the three former FCW allies. I'm pretty stoked:

--Hawkins vs. JTG

--Barreta vs. Tyson Kidd

--Ryder vs. Santino

(Shouldn't Hawkins be facing Kozlov?)

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Since we are seeing Kidd/Baretta again, we should expect some sort of manager come out with Tyson.

Here's an idea... what was the last true manager to be in the WWE, besides Vickie? It should be him.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Since we are seeing Kidd/Baretta again, we should expect some sort of manager come out with Tyson.

Here's an idea... what was the last true manager to be in the WWE, besides Vickie? It should be him.
Paul Bearer? lol

I don't see any reason to have anyone manage Kidd at this point outside of Michael Hayes...maybe if Tyson Kidd started a "campaign for who would want to be my manager" as Bobby Roode did a few years ago, but that's been done way too many times.

They had a successful-looking angle going, and I think they'll continue to tell the story of Kidd and Hayes' "tough love" situation. One punch from a heel manager doesn't sound like an end to the angle, for me. Maybe Kidd could win tonight and Hayes would be willing to work with him again if he keeps winning, or shows a more vicious side, or something like that.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
They had a successful-looking angle going, and I think they'll continue to tell the story of Kidd and Hayes' "tough love" situation. One punch from a heel manager doesn't sound like an end to the angle, for me. Maybe Kidd could win tonight and Hayes would be willing to work with him again if he keeps winning, or shows a more vicious side, or something like that.
I think Hayes left Kidd because Hayes wasn't over with the fans.

I was referring to ARMANDOOOOO ESTRAADDDDAAAA!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My thoughts on the show:

You know KSF, it still counts as a spoiler if you try to mask the results you've already read as your own thoughts. We've been through this a few times before, haven't we?

Anyway:

--Santino vs. Ryder: Half of me wants to be pissed because they keep putting Santino over Zack Ryder...however, when you look back at some quality wrestling careers wins/losses isn't everything. Ryder put on a really solid match, and was great at selling Santino's moves. That's really important in the long run. Props to the crowd member that came with a Save_Us Zack Ryder sign! Gotta love it.

--Hawkins vs. JTG: Really happy that "The Party Starter" got the win in this match. It was a decent match, not great but not too boring. Gotta love the heat-seeking elbow drop. I wonder if they're going to keep teaming The Major Broskis? I was thinking during this match that bringing back Shad would be a good idea on the WWE's part. They have a lot of opportunity to start legitimizing the Tag Division again right now, and where JTG/Shad might not have a ton going for them in singles' competition they're already an established team. Otherwise you might as well fire JTG.

--Kidd vs. Barreta: Great match between these two, as usual. I'm not sure if I liked it as much as the second of their three match series, but it was solid. Lots of good reversals, near-falls, etc. once again. Cool to see Kidd proving that he has more in his arsenal than the Sharpshooter, using what Perry Saturn had called "The Three-Handled Credenza" for the win. Not a bad move if it has enough snap in the motion.

I was happy (not that surprised, unfortunately) to see Armando Estrada accompanying Kidd to the ring. I'll be the first to say that I was wrong; keeping Hayes in the picture would have still been just fine, but it was cool seeing a new manager in the picture. Even though the rotating manager storyline has been done, it may add focus on the managers wanting Kidd and not as much on Kidd totally relying on the managers. I was wrong that it wouldn't be entertaining, b/c now I'm wanting to tune into Superstars next week to see if they stay a manager/wrestler team or if somehow room for another new one comes into play. Estrada is cool, though, so they should definitely keep him around. My ultimate hope is that Kidd settles with one soon and moves to regular SD appearances.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was just able to watch Superstars and it was a really good show. Spoilers are below...

I echo what Unity said about Ryder losing to Santino but I'd rather he won because Santino is a joke, no offense to him. If you're going to have Hawkins win then why is Ryder losing? I still think they'll keep them together in the long run.

Awesome to see Estrada back. I wonder if this was what they wanted to do the whole time or if they just didn't like Hayes in his role with Kidd...I dunno. He and Barretta put together a very solid match as well and the right person, Kidd, went over in the end.

Estrada mentioned Heenan in his pre-match promo. Something I'd like to see happen with Armando is having him take in new clients. I'll always remember the "Heenan Family" where he'd manager multiple guys at once. I'd like to see that with Estrada; something along those lines, at least.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I was just able to watch Superstars and it was a really good show. Spoilers are below...

I echo what Unity said about Ryder losing to Santino but I'd rather he won because Santino is a joke, no offense to him. If you're going to have Hawkins win then why is Ryder losing? I still think they'll keep them together in the long run.

Awesome to see Estrada back. I wonder if this was what they wanted to do the whole time or if they just didn't like Hayes in his role with Kidd...I dunno. He and Barretta put together a very solid match as well and the right person, Kidd, went over in the end.

Estrada mentioned Heenan in his pre-match promo. Something I'd like to see happen with Armando is having him take in new clients. I'll always remember the "Heenan Family" where he'd manager multiple guys at once. I'd like to see that with Estrada; something along those lines, at least.
You're right about Santino being a joke; I'm looking for bright sides but ultimately it is B.S. that Ryder lost to him. Glad Hawkins got the win at least.

You know, I thought about the "Heenan Family" thing the first night that Hayes debuted with Kidd. It would be a lot of fun, but it also would shift focus away from Kidd. So I'm 50/50 on it. Could be a good way to get a few guys over though.