• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Superstars Discussion: 05/19/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought I'd start trying to make weekly threads for WWE Superstars...even though it's only shown online at this point, some of the best-wrestled matches have been on that show lately. Last week's match between Tyson Kidd and Trent Baretta was pretty awesome. Advertised for this week is Evan Bourne vs. Drew McIntyre, who lost to Chris Masters last week.

I'm about to watch the show now, so I'll post my thoughts on the matches later on.

Has/will anyone else watch? Thoughts?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Great matches!

Great to see Ryder and Hawkins (The Major Broskis) back together again, even if in a losing effort. The other matches were slightly above average fare.

However, I am really surprised to see Hayes leave Kidd so quickly. Manage someone else?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Great matches!

Great to see Ryder and Hawkins (The Major Broskis) back together again, even if in a losing effort. The other matches were slightly above average fare.

However, I am really surprised to see Hayes leave Kidd so quickly. Manage someone else?
*spoilers below*

Yeah, even if they lost it's telling a story and getting them solidified as a unit - hopefully. I love the name "The Major Broskis" as a throwback to their debut mixed with their current attitudes. I really hope that these guys get the Unified Tag Titles soon...as much of a fan as I am of Nexus - and want them to win at the PPV - , I'm more stoked about this team right now.

I don't think that Hayes left Kidd, I was little worried about that but as it unfolded I think it's going to continue in saying that Hayes is a hard-ass manager, and that some tough love will light a fire under Kidd's ass and bring out a more aggressive side (or something like that). Yoshi Tatsu isn't great, but he but on a really good match with Kidd. Hats off to "The Cardiac Kid."

Drew and Bourne put on a good match...I really wish we could see more of them on Raw, they need to make it a 3 hour show haha. Even though I'm a huge fan of the native St. Louisan Bourne, I really want Drew to get a push to the main event or U.S. title soon.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Drew and Bourne put on a good match...I really wish we could see more of them on Raw, they need to make it a 3 hour show haha. Even though I'm a huge fan of the native St. Louisan Bourne, I really want Drew to get a push to the main event or U.S. title soon.
They did have a good match!

Drew deserves a push, but in due time, I think. He can certainly be showcased on Superstars for the next few weeks.