TV Supernatural Season 4

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Anyone watching? Season Premier aired last week (9-18-08).

All I will say so far is, I really didnt think they could top the last season premiers.... wow was I wrong.

Vegito728

Registered Member
You bet your ass I'm watching it.;)

The premier ep rocked. It was a great way to start off the season. It's good to see Dean back and Sam is finally learning how to control his abilities. But did anyone else notice Jared Padalecki(Sam) is buff as hell this season? Somebody's been in the weight room.

And an Angel? It looks like they're going to explore the lighter side of Supernatual this year and I like it.

Quote of the ep: Dean @ Demon: "I like to think it's because of my perky nipples." I seriously loled at that.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I saw Sam's Buffness also.

I remember we were freaking out trying to figure out how on earth Kripke was gonna bring Dean back into the equation. We thought we'd tried every solution but had no idea they'd pull God and an Angel into it.

I loved how all episode long they hinted it was gonna be something bad that "rode Dean out", then have it turn out to be an Angel, speaking of which I dug this up

http://books.google.com/books?id=pXvRNI1S55EC&pg=PA156&lpg=PA156&dq=castie l&source=web&ots=e0ZD1QxUBe&sig=GSyN_W0K036HXo0VDf R1FLvhMRE&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=r esult#PPA156,M1

Castiel, the name they used for the angel is highlighted in that permalinked section. Found it interesting....his name is among some pretty dark characters ;)

Vegito728

Registered Member
I saw Sam's Buffness also.

I remember we were freaking out trying to figure out how on earth Kripke was gonna bring Dean back into the equation. We thought we'd tried every solution but had no idea they'd pull God and an Angel into it.

I loved how all episode long they hinted it was gonna be something bad that "rode Dean out", then have it turn out to be an Angel, speaking of which I dug this up

http://books.google.com/books?id=pXvRNI1S55EC&pg=PA156&lpg=PA156&dq=castie l&source=web&ots=e0ZD1QxUBe&sig=GSyN_W0K036HXo0VDf R1FLvhMRE&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=r esult#PPA156,M1

Castiel, the name they used for the angel is highlighted in that permalinked section. Found it interesting....his name is among some pretty dark characters ;)
I was too. I figured they were going to make Dean a demon or something like that. But they went a whole different way with it.

Interesting find btw. If he's indeed an Angel he could be a "fallen angel". Possibly Lucifer?

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I watched the last episode on iTunes so I didnt get to see the preview for this week. If its anything as good as last week (which I'm sure it will) I simply cant wait!

Hey have you ever noticed that some of the absolute best episodes have been directed by Kim Manners. I know when I see that name in the starting credits that we're usually in a for a damn good episode.

Vegito728

Registered Member
This weeks episode was very good. I'm liking this season a lot so far. I'm glad they didn't go back to the old formula and kept the story going instead of kicking some demon ass and ending the ep. That's good an all but we need story which is somewhere Supernatural has lacked in the past seasons.

Hey have you ever noticed that some of the absolute best episodes have been directed by Kim Manners. I know when I see that name in the starting credits that we're usually in a for a damn good episode
Actually no, I haven't. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention. What are some of the eps she's directed?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I do agree, especially last season with the Writers strike I saw that there were some episodes that really lacked story. Hahahah "Ghost Facers" happened to be one of the worst episodes because of that damn strike :hah: it was funny but felt way to much like a gap filler than a good follow up.

Heres a list of the episodes Manners has Been on. I used the spoilers because its a pretty long list and didnt want to make this response take up the whole page :rotfl:

I bolded My favorites:
"Supernatural" (59 episodes)
  1. Metamorphosis (????) - Director
  2. Dead in the Water (27 September 2005) - Director
  3. Bloody Mary (11 October 2005) - co-executive producer
  4. Bugs (8 November 2005) - co-executive producer, Director
  5. Scarecrow (10 January 2006) - co-executive producer, Director
  6. Shadow (28 February 2006) - co-executive producer, Director
  7. Devil's Trap (4 May 2006) - co-executive producer, Director
  8. In My Time of Dying (28 September 2006) - executive producer, Director
  9. Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (19 October 2006) - executive producer, Director
  10. No Exit (2 November 2006) - executive producer, Director
  11. Houses of the Holy (1 February 2007) - executive producer, Director
  12. Heart (22 March 2007) - executive producer, Director
  13. The Magnificent Seven (4 October 2007) - executive producer, Director
  14. Fresh Blood (15 November 2007) - executive producer, Director
  15. Mystery Spot (14 February 2008) - executive producer, Director
  16. No Rest for the Wicked (15 May 2008) - executive producer, Director
  17. Lazarus Rising (18 September 2008) - executive producer, Director
He's been like the Executive Producer for pretty much every episode... but when he Directs the episodes they have all been really really good.

~~~~~

As for Last Nights episode

Wow the Apocalypse? hahaha This seasons should be insane, Casstiel said something about 60+ different Seals, with the Witnesses being one I cant even imagine how crazy some of the others will get.

It was hard to follow the season opener, that first episode was friggin flawless. This one was good but I'm looking forward to some even better stuff in the near future.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I bolded My favorites:
"Supernatural" (59 episodes)
  1. Metamorphosis (????) - Director
  2. Dead in the Water (27 September 2005) - Director
  3. Bloody Mary (11 October 2005) - co-executive producer
  4. Bugs (8 November 2005) - co-executive producer, Director
  5. Scarecrow (10 January 2006) - co-executive producer, Director
  6. Shadow (28 February 2006) - co-executive producer, Director
  7. Devil's Trap (4 May 2006) - co-executive producer, Director
  8. In My Time of Dying (28 September 2006) - executive producer, Director
  9. Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (19 October 2006) - executive producer, Director
  10. No Exit (2 November 2006) - executive producer, Director
  11. Houses of the Holy (1 February 2007) - executive producer, Director
  12. Heart (22 March 2007) - executive producer, Director
  13. The Magnificent Seven (4 October 2007) - executive producer, Director
  14. Fresh Blood (15 November 2007) - executive producer, Director
  15. Mystery Spot (14 February 2008) - executive producer, Director
  16. No Rest for the Wicked (15 May 2008) - executive producer, Director
  17. Lazarus Rising (18 September 2008) - executive producer, Director
He's been like the Executive Producer for pretty much every episode... but when he Directs the episodes they have all been really really good.
Oh man. Mystery Spot was classic. Easily one of my favorite episodes from last season. There's definitely some great eps he's been involved in.

As for Last Nights episode

Wow the Apocalypse? hahaha This seasons should be insane, Casstiel said something about 60+ different Seals, with the Witnesses being one I cant even imagine how crazy some of the others will get.

It was hard to follow the season opener, that first episode was friggin flawless. This one was good but I'm looking forward to some even better stuff in the near future.
Yeah, I'm expecting great things this season. So far I haven't been disappointed.

I read on wikipedia that the season premiere averaged its highest rating since it's debut with 3.96 million. I know season 2 fell off from season 1 and then season 3 was even lower than season 2. So that's great news.

I figure a lot of the ratings have to do with the channel it's on and not the show itself.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've always wondered how that worked. Because I'll be honest sometimes I feel like I'm not helping the show much. Its hard for me to make Thursday nights happen. So last season and this season I just bought the season passes on iTunes that way I can watch the episodes whenever I want.

I didnt start watching 'till about mid 2nd season, My parents have been watching since the beginning and they lured me in with the 1st Season Box set. Pretty much thats how I've watched the show, waited for the second season to hit DVD and then bought it asap. Watched the first few episodes of Season 3 on tv but then had trouble keeping up with the time/day slot.

Hopefully the people like me who watched it Via iTunes are taken into account somehow. I'd hate to see the show get cancelled because not enough people were watching it on TV.
------
The last episode didnt download 'till this morning... hopefully that doesnt happen often for me. Lol I dont like having to wait 'till friday, let alone Sunday!
------
That Metamorphosis episode was pretty cool, They've had better but it wasnt to bad.

Now I'm glad that Dean is aware of whats going on with Sams Telekinetic crap. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Ruby is gonna turn out to be a much bigger demon than they are playing her out to be.

Last edited:

Vegito728

Registered Member
I forgot about this thread lol. But if you're paying Itunes money then they're getting something out of it. I'm sure CW has a contract with Itunes because Itunes can't just air their shows and make money off them.

I am too. It's hard for me to believe Sam would just stop like he said he would though. Unless Dean really did put the fear of God in him...lol.

Last edited: