Superbowl

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Cait, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

So who you for in the superbowl 2009?

My team lost so I don't really care at this point. :(

2. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

As stated in the playoff thread - I picked against them every week thus far, so at this point maybe I should go ahead and pick the Cards to win the Super Bowl.

One note worth mentioning from Maxim with regards to the game - "Dampen expectations: No matter how good the game is, it won't top last years"

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Well my team lost last week and I'm hoping that the Steelers can beat them now.

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I'm pulling for the Steelers right now.

I feel like it'll be a low score, but not too close.

27-17.

Blueyes likes this.
  5. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I'm keeping it PA and going with the Steelers winning yet another Super Bowl and once again proving that the formula for winning multiple championships in the NFL is running the football down your opponents throat and playing knock out defense.

Blueyes likes this.
  6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I want the Cardinals to win, it should be an entertaining game, you have a very powerful offensive team in the Cardinals, then on the other hand you have the best defense in the NFL in the Steelers. But with that being said I don't see anyone stopping Larry Fitzgerald. He'll make sure he gets open, he showed so much passion against the Eagles, it was incredible. None the less it should be a good game.

Blueyes likes this.
  7. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I hate the Steelers, so I am pulling for Arizona. However, football games haven't been going the way I want them to lately, so the Steelers will probably end up winning and pissing me off.

Blueyes likes this.
  8. OverLoad65

OverLoad65 Registered Member

I'm going for AZ, since I am from there. Plus, they've never been to the superbowl before in their history. On top of that, their franchise has been through so much shit. I just want them to win and start building something worth talking about in the NFL.

Who is your team?

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm going for the Steelers. I like teams with great defenses, plus I gotta support former Buckeye, Santonio Holmes.

A 9-7 team in the Super Bowl? Fuck that. That's one of the reasons I don't want to see a big playoff in college football. How pointless is the regular season when you can afford to lose almost half your games and still win the title?

Blueyes likes this.
  10. OverLoad65

OverLoad65 Registered Member

I understand your point Echos, but the team did win their division. Don't matter how weak the division was; it's league rules. It's how it's been in every professional sport for years. Besides, you don't knock off three straight teams who are better than you if you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. They've played very well. You gotta give them some credit.