TV Superbowl XLIII Commercials (Official Thread)

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
This thread is for discussing Superbowl XLIII commercials.

What ones have you seen so far online that you liked? I haven't seen any yet. I usually just see them during the game and then look for them online.

YouTube will probably do a whole page for them again like they've been doing.

All I can hope is that this year the majority of them are funny as opposed to the last few years of them sucking. So far the one that I remember most is the Pepsi commercial with the people bobbing their heads.

They better be funny but I should know better just from history.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I imagine we'll see a FreeCreditReport.com commercial. They might be the only company in history to successfully sing in their commercial while not sounding over the top ridiculous.

I mean, ever listen to the radio and hear these commercials where people are singing the most ridiculous ADS ever? :lol:

Iris

rainbow 11!
So no one has a comment? I really liked the careerbuiler one. And that new jack black movie looks hilarious!

Blueyes

Registered Member
The ads were lacking this year in my opinion although I always love the Budweiser commercials even if they retired the frogs. None of them really stood out in my opinion.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really liked the Pepsi commercials, they were hilarious. I was kind of disapointed with the Coke commercials, they were pretty boring in my opinion.

I was happy to see the G.I Joe movie, it looks pretty awesome.

Overall great commercials in my opinion.

They were better than last year's commercials but they could've put more effort into some of them. I think the funniest one was the Doritos commercial.

The one with the guy at work with his crystal ball, he says "free snacks?" and breaks the vending machine.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I haven't seen the commercials because our feed just goes back to live studio here whenever there's a commercial break. However I have read that the endorsements reached a record this year. And that ads cost 3 million for a 30-second spot? I hope they used that time wisely.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree with you Franklin, that commercial was so funny, I couldnt stop laughing after I saw it.

Also I lied about Coke being disapointing, that Poamalu commercial was pretty funny.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I felt really let down by the commercials from this years superbowl. Seems as though they get weaker and weaker every year.

The only one that really stood out to me was the Budweiser one with the dog and the Clydesdale.... guy pitches the stick and the dog brings it back... so the horse upstages the dog by bringing back a big ol' limb. I laughed a little at that one.