Superbowl Superstitions

Discussion in 'NFL' started by icegoat63, Feb 7, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

All sports have their little quirks that make them fun and interesting. The NFL is definitely not one to shy away from them either. With all Kinds of Superstitions like the "Madden Curse" or the "Madden Simulation" some of these are even statistically accurate!

However heres one I hadnt heard of before thats specific to the Superbowl;

So now its a coin toss? I thought that was a little crazy at first then they pointed this stat out;

Thats pretty significant when the numbers stack that high isnt it? So what do you think? Coin toss irrelevant? Or are Saints Fans gonna be hoping that Brees loses the toss?

some other cool Coin Flip info:

Source: If Saints win coin toss, Super Bowl could be over before it starts - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I think that stats like this are neat, but not relevant. The NFC winning is more coincidence than anything. How the game is played has more bearing than who gets the ball first.

Of course, I'd like to see the stats for overtime wins in the NFL. I don't think very many Super Bowls have went to overtime.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree, thats one thing I believe the NFL, its analysts, and its fans have always done good... they put a well thought out statistic to everything :hah:

whether its just a coincidence or not... I'm gonna be crossing my fingers hoping he loses that toss hahaha.