• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Turbo

Registered Member
Now that it's officially out here, this will be the official thread for it. Post your thoughts, friend code for Wi-Fi play and anything else about the game.

I played it for hours yesterday after buying it. They have changed a lot of the repeat characters, some things good and some things are iffy. I haven't unlocked a lot of secrets yet, just Luigi, Ness and Marth so fat. Star Fox and Metaknight are very abusive and the Final Smash item is an interesting new twist to the game, especially when playing another player.

Post your thoughts and I'll post more as I run through the game.

Malificus

Likes snow
I'm getting it this weekend

Turbo

Registered Member
Kool, have you played the previous one or are you new to SS? If you played prior who was your character, I'll let you know if they changed...providing I've used them yet.

Malificus

Likes snow
I played the previous two.

In SSBM I liked Jigglypuff and Ganon a lot. |:>*

Jigglypuff for the rest attack of pwnage, and Ganon for his up-special rape attack.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I was wondering when this topic was going to get made. I've had it since Sunday and I love it so far. I only have three more characters to unlock, and I'm roughly 80% of the way through the Subspace Emissary mode. I think my favorite characters are Lucario, Ike, Marth, and Pitt.

I'll post my Wii Friend code when I get a chance to find out what mine is.

Turbo

Registered Member
Bad news is that Jigglypuff and Ganondorf are secret characters in the game and need to be unlocked if I'm correct on the secret characters. I'd suggest, based on who you used last time, using Kirby as he's much quicker this time around and has much more potential. However if you want a power character to start then I'd use Ike or Pit.
------
I just started the Subspace late last night, I'm kinda stuck on The Lake...I went through the gold door and came out into a room that went instantly black and I couldn't move....did I miss something?

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well you can still unlock then down the line Turbo. I'm interested in hearing what anybody who is new to the Smash Brothers series has to say about this game.

I wasn't a big fan of the first two by any means and I'd like to hear some opinions on the game by people who didn't play the first two. Or even better, somebody who thinks Brawl is a ton better than the first two.

Turbo

Registered Member
I'm just reading through how to unlock them on another site...I only played SSBM prior, right now I dunno if SSBB is the best because I still got a lot to do yet...but it could be.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I was wondering when this topic was going to get made. I've had it since Sunday and I love it so far. I only have three more characters to unlock, and I'm roughly 80% of the way through the Subspace Emissary mode. I think my favorite characters are Lucario, Ike, Marth, and Pitt.

I'll post my Wii Friend code when I get a chance to find out what mine is.
Marth is in the game???!!! Is Roy?