• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii U Super Smash Bros Wii U

Taliesin

Registered Member
I've read that the Smash Bros series is easy to play, harder to master. If that is the case then I'll be right at home with it. I've often wanted to be good at fighting games in general, but I find their endless button and direction stick combos to be highly difficult to get my head around, and I don't have the timing and reflexes required to be able to master them (let alone play them effectively). The Smash Bros series seems to be a different beast altogether though, so I'm looking forward to diving in and seeing how it all works.

Plus, what's not to love about the roster of characters? I love nearly all the Nintendo characters so I'll be in heaven right there!

dDave

V.I.P.
I've read that the Smash Bros series is easy to play, harder to master. If that is the case then I'll be right at home with it. I've often wanted to be good at fighting games in general, but I find their endless button and direction stick combos to be highly difficult to get my head around, and I don't have the timing and reflexes required to be able to master them (let alone play them effectively). The Smash Bros series seems to be a different beast altogether though, so I'm looking forward to diving in and seeing how it all works.

Plus, what's not to love about the roster of characters? I love nearly all the Nintendo characters so I'll be in heaven right there!
The thing is that you don't really have to memorize the combos. It's strange in the sense that while there are tons of combos in the game I feel that they're very fluid and easy to use when compared with a game such as Soul Calibur or Injustice: Gods Among Us. Maybe Smash is so popular because the combos aren't super annoying to use.

I would agree that the game is super easy to play but difficult to master. Having played this game for 13 years I can say that I feel as if I have "mastered" the game but I only reached that point sometime in the past few years. Before then I would have considered myself good for a long period (I'd go to parties and crush people unexpectedly and everyone hated me :lol:). It always bothers me when someone calls this game a "button masher" because that's simply not the case. Each character plays differently and you have to adapt your play style to that character, use specific moves with the right timing, etc.

I'm probably making this game sound way more complicated than it is. :lol: I need to just stop. ;)

dDave

V.I.P.
I downloaded the demo for 3DS.

It is, in a word, phenomenal.

It plays just a bit differently from what I'm used to (given the change of controller) but I REALLY like the way it plays.

The Demo is free and you can open the software 30 times before it expires.

There's only one map (battlefield) available and there are only 5 characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman, and Villager) to choose from at this point in time. Everything else that will be in the game is still visible but it's grayed out and can't be used.

dDave

V.I.P.
This game is one of the main reasons why I got a Wii U in the first place.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered this game. It does look fantastic. I got the one that comes with the controller adapter because I refuse to play this game on anything but what I'm already used to.

It's going to be one crazy epic game though. :)