• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Super Smash Bros. Brawl first impressions?

What do you think about super smash bros. brawl?

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Well I just picked up this game today at the store, brought it home put it in my console, so far I think that it's awesome.

They certainly added a new library of good levels and characters most of which I'll probably never use but that's ok.

I haven't really unlocked anything yet just played brawl mode with a few of my brothers.

I haven't lost any skill though, I like the way how they kept the control scheme of the last game it makes it a lot easier to get adjusted to.

So far I think that this game is amazing, nothing bad about it except for a few characters that I haven't even heard of.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
It's a good game, but IMO it just doesn't live up to what it should have.

Too many of the characters are similar, a lot of the stages are bland (like the typical big platform with a few smaller platforms above it. Come on, now... That's boring. Putting in a fancy background does not change that.) and I also don't agree with many of the character choices, but that is purely my opinion, I suppose.

To say the least I got bored of the game a few weeks ago. This is saddening, Melee lasted me up until Brawl's release (and I had it the month it came out.). I didn't even play Melee's multiplayer that much. Brawl's single player got boring to me to in a week or so... Than I got online. It seemed REALLY fun there for a while, but now it's not.

I'm really disappointed. I don't know much else that this console has to offer for me. Perhaps Wii Music Orchestra (it has bassoons!), and Animal Crossing Wii (which I'm hoping really surprises me.) But seriously... Maybe the SSB series just got boring in general for me.

Malificus

Likes snow
So far I think that this game is amazing, nothing bad about it except for a few characters that I haven't even heard of.
Which ones?

dDave

V.I.P.
Which ones?
oh ,well characters such as Ike or mega knight (I think that's his name) marth would also be on that list but I learned of him in the last game but otherwise he would be on that list, there were a couple others but I forget their names.

starfx6464

Awesome
Overall I'd say the game is very solid. Of special note for me is the huge soundtrack this game has. They really did cover vast array of their history and I find it hard to really nitpick that they left this or that chunk out when there's so much that's already in the game. Heck, R.O.B. alone was a pleasant surprise for me. And it seems that most of the "clones" are better differentiated this time around (although I do admit three Fox clones does seem a bit much, but oh well...).

The best compliment that I can give is that I'll be hard pressed to ever go back to Melee. Brawl really 1-ups it nearly every way.

dDave

V.I.P.
brawl is really overall the same game as melee with some added characters and levels, though I'll admit the graphics are much better as far as characters go, I didn't really notice much with the graphics of the stages themselves they seem to be just about the same.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
The ability to create levels keeps the game fresh for my friends and I. One friend made a level that consists of nothing but the rotating ferris-wheel type platforms. Another made a huge level that is basically a box. The only way to beat someone is to hit them straight up, and that usually requires at least 150% damage to do.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I only played the demo at a Best Buy but I liked what I played.

I hate the Wii-Mote though with the nunchuck attachment. It felt wierd playing the game. It was hard to coordinate any moves...Do they have a standard controller you can plug in as oppose to that wierd one.

I think it's a terrible controller. I would buy a Wii just for Supersmash if I knew there was a different controller.

Malificus

Likes snow

I hate the Wii-Mote though with the nunchuck attachment. It felt wierd playing the game. It was hard to coordinate any moves...Do they have a standard controller you can plug in as oppose to that wierd one.

I think it's a terrible controller. I would buy a Wii just for Supersmash if I knew there was a different controller.
You can use game cube controllers, Classic Controllers, Wiimote and Nunchuck, or the wiimote by itself.

Vegito728

Registered Member

The old Gamecube controller is compatible with the Wii so you can use that.

Edit: Damn you Mal.