• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NES Super Rare NES game on eBay

dDave

V.I.P.
I thought this would be interesting to discuss. There's only 30 minutes left on the auction but look at this...

NES Nintendo World Championship Cart RARE Torn Label 100 Authentic Adult Owned | eBay

:shocked: It's damaged and it's still going for a crazy price, that's unreal. I didn't even know about this game until I saw an online article about it.

Extremely Rare Nintendo Game Listed on eBay - IGN

Apparently one in better condition sold for 11,000 a few years ago. Funny because this one looks like it's going to easily fetch well over $100,000 :lol:

It's obviously a really exotic collector's item.

Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That's crazy. Who has $100,000 laying around to put in on an old, beat up Nintendo game? The only reason to even buy it is to resell it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is crazy, I wouldn't pay that much for it even if I had millions. Must be a hard core collector and he will be lucky if he finds someone to pay him more for it but some people have more money than they know what to do with.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Insane. I have a hard time imagining paying that much money for anything, especially something that's damaged. Haha.

dDave

V.I.P.
Nintendo apparently toured with this game and held competitions in 27 cities. This was back in 1990.

I feel like spending 100,000 on something like this is irresponsible. I don't care how rich you are. An item like this is absurdly expensive and has no legitimate use of any kind.