Super Nintendo Super Mario World

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dragon, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I recently got Super Mario World. Its been about 10 years since I played this game. Can someone tell me how many stages there are in this game? Right now I am at 94. Thank you in advance.

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

You talking about the one with Yoshi right?

Not sure how many stages there are....but there's about 5 or 6 worlds to complete to get to bowser, but in terms of stages there are literally over 100....

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You're getting close to the end when you're in the forest. There is an island after the forest and then you'll go into the final area with about 4-6 stages, I believe there are nine areas.

You can also clear Star Road. There's a ton of fun stages in there once you complete the five in the star.

4. Shooting_Palanx

Star Road is definitely a lot of fun...if you know what you're doing, otherwise it can be quite frustrating getting the right key.....

Also did you know that the game can be beaten without finishing the 2nd/3rd or 4th stages....

5. Dragon

I stopped at 95 stages. I did beat the game and Star World was such a pain in the ass but I beat those stages with some cheating strategy. The stage in star world that gave me alot of trouble was with the stage with alot of cannons.

6. Shooting_Palanx

Is that the secondary Star World?

Because the first one is where you play it out till you get to the middle of the Star Road, than you play the second Star world.

So I'm assuming the second?

7. Dragon

yes, that is what i meant. the first star world was a breeze.

8. Shooting_Palanx

Than I've gotta agree with you that that specific cannon level is really annoying, nearly broke the controller over that level.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I tried to use a blue Yoshi as much as possible to get past the second star road. A few of those were pretty tricky.

10. Shooting_Palanx

Yeah the last level was quite annoying as well, it was the one with the revolving platforms right? and it just seemed to confuse the hell out of you.