• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Super Mario Galaxy: Reviews (minor spoilers in reviews)

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Yes people its Galaxy... Not Galaxies. Looking through some of my posts I also have made that mistake, but its Galaxy

On to the reviews:

Eurogamer: 10/10
Game Rankings - External Link

CVG: 9.5/10

1UP: 9.5/10

Deeko: 10/10

GamePRO: 5/5
Review: Super Mario Galaxy for Wii on GamePro.com.

UGO: 9.5/10

Game Informer: 9.75/10
Game Informer Online

below, reviews without links:

gamesTM: 9/10

Official Nintendo Magazine UK: 9.7/10
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Read some of the reviews if you dare, as I warned, there are minor spoilers in them, but it will give you the overall feel of what people are thinking of the game. personally, I cannot wait to see IGN and Gamespot reviews, and will post them as soon as they are available!

So what do you think about Galaxy now?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm going to wait until I play it before reading too many reviews. I might read IGN's review because they are known for warning for spoilers. That will probably be on the way in the next few days I'm sure. :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope IGN rates it at least as well as Halo 3.. I know Halo 3 has a big shot at GOTY but it would be awesome if SMG made it, mainly because I've been waiting for an awesome Mario game ever since Mario 64....

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Man, now I have a tough choice on which to get first. I already have a Live account and two 360 games, but I'm a hardcore Nintendo nerd at heart.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
So what do you think about Galaxy now?
Are those numbers supposed to change our opinions or something? I bought Super Mario Sunshine because of the great reviews it got, and it was seriously the worst game I've ever spent $50 on. Played for a few hours and had no desire to continue. Haven't played it again since. In fact, I sold it.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
no, the numbers are not supposed to change peoples views, but there are some people out there who like to hear others opinions on games, maybe watch some video of the game, sometimes those do change peoples views on a certain title, I just added the scores, BECAUSE ITS A REVIEWS THREAD!

Gametrailers (video review): 9.8
Gametrailers.com - Super Mario Galaxy: Reviews, Trailers, and Interviews

IGN: 9.7
IGN Advertisement
------
PALGN: 10/10
Super Mario Galaxy Review - Nintendo Wii Review - Australia's PAL Gaming Network

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow a 9.7 from IGN... IGN says Mario Galaxy is to Mario 64, as Mario World was to the original Super Mario Brothers. Super Mario World was my favorite out of the 2D Marios.. They pose the question "The greatest Nintendo platformer ever made?"

If so then this could very well be my favorite game ever made.

Here are IGN's closing comments: (no spoilers)

Closing Comments
Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest platformers I have ever played, Wii's best game, and an absolute must-own experience. And to me, this odd trek through space really does feel like the true sequel to Mario 64. It harkens back to the N64 classic with nostalgic faces and places from the Mushroom Kingdom, but it also re-invents the franchise with new space-themed mechanics and fresh Wii-enhanced controls. It is, as I have said since I first played it, a near-perfect combination of old platforming values and new design.

Expect to be blown away by the fantastic level challenges and galactic variety. Expect to be blown away by the addictive gravity effects -- you will jump off ledges just to see if you can rotate all the way around a structure. And expect to be blown away by the tight controls and beautiful graphics.

Galaxy isn't quite perfect. There are some minor issues -- tiny blemishes, if you will, hiding on the backside of a supermodel. There's the auto-camera, which works exceptionally well most of the time, but every so often stumbles. And there's the overall difficulty -- a little too easy to 60 stars and to defeat bosses for my tastes. But even with these potential drawbacks, Nintendo's Tokyo studio has created a platformer that deserves its place among the very best and will surely be remembered in another decade as a classic.
Considering the fat that IGN game Halo 3 a 9.5, and Super Mario Galaxy a 9.7 I'm really looking forward to this now...

SamusAran86

Registered Member
the game just looks insane. Nintendo: Redifineing platformers since 1983

the whole gravity thing just looks cool... running around stuff... I will probably play it more than I played M64, I loved finding different paths to stars, hopefully this will have some of the same
------
another review is in

Gamingtarget: 9.9/10
Super Mario Galaxy Wii Review @ Gaming Target
------
and some more reviews

NWR 10/10
Nintendo World Report - Wii Review: Super Mario Galaxy

Yahoo Games 5/5
Super Mario Galaxy Review | Wii Game Reviews - Yahoo! Video Games

Yahoo also has video up, some pretty cool stuff too

Last edited: