Wii Super Mario Galaxy 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Interesting. Nintendo is making a Super Mario Galaxy 2:

IGN Video: Super Mario Galaxy 2 Nintendo Wii Trailer - E3 09 Trailer

Basically it's Super Mario Galaxy with a playable Yoshi for Mario to ride on.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally I could never get into the first one so I'm not too excited to hear about a sequel. Then again maybe they made it feel more like my favorite Mario Game "Mario 64". I doubt it though. Something about the "2" in the title makes me assume that this will just be more of Super Mario Galaxy style gameplay.

Judging from the video though, it does look more fun than the first. Keep in mind I have never really played the first though. I bought it but got bored after beating the first star. :lol:

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I still havent gotten the first one. I have a feeling it'll be one of the kind that I end up renting rather than buying that way I dont end up investing to much in a game that I'll probably just shelf and forget about after I beat it :hah:

3. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

It looks pretty good.

They said that it's going to be more difficult and aimed towards those people who "grew up with Super Mario World".

Difficulty doesn't matter to much to me like it does to others (I suck at video games. T_T), but that's good to hear for those people who like more difficult games.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

that's good to hear about the difficulty, I'm looking forward to it, I personally think that the last 2 major mario games (sunshine and galaxy) were simply way too babied down to be as fun as they ever could have been, Super Mario World was fairly difficult.

But seriously the game does look pretty good, I just hope that they don't try to ever make something like DK galaxy :lol:

I'm still waiting for a DK game, seriously if Nintendo is going to make 2 mario games that are good then what are they doing with DK? :confused:

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think it actually looks pretty good. From the footage so far I think it looks better than the first one.

I particularly like the water planet and the snow planets that are in this one. The water and snow levels were some of my favorites in Mario 64 and I was bummed when Mario Galaxy 1 didn't have them.

I hope this game is impossibly hard to complete all 120 stars or however many it will be. I hope they make some that make me want to kick my TV and smash my controller against the wall. I don't like easy games. :lol:

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Reminds me of me when I was 4 playing Super Mario 64 (particularly Tiny Huge Island and Tick Tock Clock)

Except not quite on the same epic scale :lol:

Yeah the snow levels were definitely my favorite in Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy definitely had a lot of water levels they were just way different.

Hopefully the music in this game is as memorable as Super Mario 64.