Nintendo 64 Super Mario 64, 5 Hardest Stars?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Recently I played Super Mario 64 on the good old N64, I had a lot of fun with it but realized that there were some really hard stars that I had completely forgotten about, I knew that they existed but I forgot how hard they were for me.

I'd say that these are the 5 hardest stars.

1.100 coins (Tick-Tock-clock)
2.Stomp on the Thwomp (tick-Tock-Clock)
3.100 coins (Hazy-Maze-Cave)
4.100 coins (Rainbow Ride)
5.Rainbow World (Castle Secret Star)

So what would you say are the top 5 hardest stars in Mario 64?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The 100 coin stars that you mentioned are really hard. I haven't played the game in years, so I don't remember which other ones I had trouble with. I think I know the Rainbow World one you're talking about. That one sucked.

padd

Registered Member
same story for me.. except hazy maze.. i loved that level; collecting coins. I'll replace that with getting 100 coins in that level where you can make the water level go up and down.. i forgot what the name was.

I haven't played in awhile either, so it's hard for me to specially name out my top 5 hardest starts to collect. From what I recall, however, I'd say that collecting coins (red and yellow) are the most annoying. Not necessary because it's hard, more so because it was a daunting task that required patience and searching.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
same story for me.. except hazy maze.. i loved that level; collecting coins. I'll replace that with getting 100 coins in that level where you can make the water level go up and down.. i forgot what the name was.
It's called "Wet Dry World".;)

really?

I think that level has one of the easiest 100 coin stars because there are so many coins in that level.

Getting 100 coins is a pain, especially on those levels where there's bottomless pits and endless fallss in them. I've managed to get them on some of the first levels in the game.

Generally, getting 100 coins was never any fun because it was always often times tedious. I specifically dislike Rainbow Ride when it comes to collecting 100 coins because I seem to recall it taking forever.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought the 100 coin stars were some of the best in the game. I hate how Nintendo is making newer Mario games so much easier. Roughly half of the stars should make you want to kick your TV to pieces. That's how you can tell if a game is good or not.

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
Awwwwwww come on. The hazy maze cave 100 stars? really? That one's not too bad. It just TAKES a long time. Because you have to get the red stars (which takes way longer than anyone wants to spend) you need to get the blue ones in the maze which is a pain in the neck because you have five seconds to get them... But overall it's not THAT bad... It's just a long drawn out process.

I'd say any of the tick tock clock stars are difficult. I hate that level :/