• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Super Bowl LI

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I put $50 on Atlanta, they can't lose by more than three points.

My friend put $250 for Atlanta to win(no spread).

So here's hoping we both come out on top.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lots of diversity in the ads so far, wonder if it will be a theme tonight.

This is the first year Canadians can watch the ads with the game instead of having crappy Canadian ads over the US ads.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anybody else watching this game and thinking the Patriots aren't out of this game despite it being 21-3? They just seem to always stick around no matter what.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
With that missed PAT, karma is piling on.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
*Cough*

I don't think Atlanta even tried in the 2nd half...I'm not sure they made one good play on offense the entire time.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Without a doubt, the greatest superbowl game ever played.

Atlanta showed up big but the Patriots showed up in the second half with a mission. The Patriots defense will not be talked about enough in the coming days but they held Atlanta to 7 in the second half and kept the dream alive. Atlanta also had the game in their grasp once Julio made that crazy catch.

After that, you run it until you have no more downs and kick the field goal but they got stupid and cute and decided to keep the passing game alive (despite Matt Ryan getting lit up throughout the game on late downs) and they blew it.

There is no more debate, there is no more arguing because there simply isn't not an excuse anymore.

Tom Brady. The motherfuckin' GOAT and if you disagree, well, I hope you enjoyed watching your first NFL game.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Probably the greatest comeback I've ever seen. Tom Brady cemented his place tonight as the greatest QB ever. Kudos to Matt Ryan as well. He's now part of the elite despite the Falcons losing.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Easily the best SB I've ever seen. I pretty much lost all hope when ATL went up 28-3. This definitely made up for the mediocre playoffs leading up to it. And Goodell's face. Oh man, I loved it. Haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't like the Pats but man that was a good game with some incredible displays by both teams. Too bad Atlanta packed it in too early. Terrible play calling and clock management during the second half, but excellent play by the Patriots is what really took it home. Happy for Chris Long who gave STL fans a shoutout on twitter - he deserved this and seeing Brady and Bellichek get another trophy was worth it for his sake.