• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Super Bowl 2015

dDave

V.I.P.
What are you guys up to on this fine Super Bowl Sunday?

I'm at a party with a friend. First time I can ever remember watching this game with people that care. Really enjoying it. :)

I bet $5 on the Seahawks 27-17. We'll see how it goes. I'm probably the least knowledgeable person here.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You watched football? :shocked:

Great game. Disappointing finish. Terrible play call down on the goal line. Best RB in the league doesn't even get a chance to win the Super Bowl from one yard out.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Great game and a pretty wild ending. I thought Pats were going to lose on a second crazy catch on the same field. Bad play call, great interception. That's a moment that rookie will never forget. Almost think they shouldve given him the MVP.

The reaction from all the Pats haters on FB was glorious. That's why you don't shit talk until the clock reads all zeroes.

dDave

V.I.P.
I was pulling for the Seahawks (mostly to be anti Pats :lol:) but I don't mind that the Pats won.

Here's a commercial that stood out to me. It was simply the best commercial I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XTwbgmWRrA

Really fun day hanging out with great people. It was more fun to watch everyone else watch football then it was to watch football :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Great game and a pretty wild ending. I thought Pats were going to lose on a second crazy catch on the same field. Bad play call, great interception. That's a moment that rookie will never forget. Almost think they shouldve given him the MVP.
After thinking about it, passing on 2nd down wasn't a terrible play call. If it's incomplete, you can run on 3rd down, call a timeout, and then run again on 4th. I would have preferred a run on 2nd down, and if you don't get it there, pass on 3rd down. But they only had one timeout left, so they couldn't run it three straight plays like some idiots are saying they should have done.

My biggest problem with the play call wasn't really that it was a pass, but that they went with a slant route. Anything over the middle that close to the goal line has a good chance to be intercepted. I give tons of credit to the DB. It was a hell of a play. But they should have done some kind of play action pass out to the flats or corner of the end zone, and if it's not there, throw it away.

Meh.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah, I agree, the more I thought about it the less I believe it's the "worst play call in Super Bowl history" as I've seen it called hundreds of times already.

I definitely give Lynch one more crack at it on 2nd down. I don't think he was dropped for a loss once in that game. I dunno. I guess it's easy for me to sit here on my couch and judge. Haha.

Think Brady gave Butler that truck? Haha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I mean if they complete the play and its a TD they probably win so its easy to second guess but whenever your best player is your RB and you still have a time out left you have to run the ball.

It was a good game though although I gotta admit I didn't watch that much of it. It was on my TV but I didn't have the sound on and was playing on my laptop.

To be honest I lost a lot of respect for Seattle as a result. Doug Baldwin's actions were pathetic and the fight at the end was a disgrace. I quite enjoyed Carroll's sad face at the end haha.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I have no problem with the call, Butler just made a great play. They only had one timeout left, and the Pats defense was playing run.

As much as I don't like the Pats and Brady at times, the guy is clutch. I've said this before, but in my opinion, he's the best QB of all time.

As a sidenote, I made $3000 on the score of the game.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I merely watched the Super Bowl with my parents on TV this year.

But I got a great thrill from it anyway, as my Patriots won in thrilling fashion.