Game Cube Sunshine: Overrated, or underrated?

dk_rare

Registered Member
A lot has been said about Mario Sunshine, but I want to know what you thought of it as well as your expectations of it (wether you got it on it's release or not).

Good can also translate to "awesome" or "enjoyable"

Bad can also translate to "terrible" or "not much fun"

You know the drill, pick the one that matches you the best.

I personally thought it was going to be awesome, then was a little disapointed but looking back I can't think why I was a little disapointed. So I chose I thought it was going to be good and wasn't disapointed

EDIT: Oh man, that poll didn't work out like I thought it would.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
dont worry, I fixed it for ya!

Super Mario Sunshine improved on almost all aspects of Mario 64. Most people complain that the levels are not diverse enough. I had no problem with the levels or the design of those levels, my only problem with the game was the 'Blue' coins... I still have yet to get some of them.

Some people had a problem with F.L.U.D.D.

I thought it was a nice addition to the series, it made the level design more fun to play around with. You could make huge gaps by properly utilizing it, and made the stages without FLUDD more enjoyable.

A minor complaint, couldnt get 'shines' out of order like you could in Mario 64!

Take Mario 64, and implement the camera system from Sunshine... implement the quick turn jumps, and Mario 64 would be a better game overall...

I still hold Mario 64 in higher standings... Sunshine came close, but not close enough

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Of course, Samus will like any game with Mario in it, no matter how bad it is. :lol: Just kidding, dude.

I've already shared my opinion of Mario Sunshine somewhere on this board. I expected a great game and it was nothing but a major disappointment. I had absolutely no fun playing it, so I quit and sold it. It's just another example of Nintendo ruining a once-great franchise.

dk_rare

Registered Member
SamusAran86 said:
dont worry, I fixed it for ya!

my only problem with the game was the 'Blue' coins... I still have yet to get some of them.
Ta ^_^ I thought it would be easier to digest by making each half of the choices either green for good and red for bad : S

I have heard Sunshine praised for it's Shine Sprite collecting as a terrific means to an end, but the blue coins as the end itself :shake:

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I liked i- *is bludgeoned*

I'm thinking the reason not too many people liked it was because they were expecting the sequel to Mario 64, which it wasn't. I never expected it to be that, and that's probably why I like it more than others.

Plus, I thought the blue coin stuff was c- *is bludgeoned*

Absolute

Registered Member
Even though all I really hear is bad about this game.. it's still over-rated. Nintendo should be all about fun. The game wasn't fun. But on the other hand, maybe it would be for some kids who can't compare it to M64 and see the horrible difference.