Suns

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Arizona Republic - The Phoenix Suns believe they have the assets to still make a run at the NBA Championship, with a huge piece to the puzzle - Amare Stoudemire - expected to be back at full force next season.

Stoudemire, according to the Arizona Republic, plans to not "settle for anything less than a championship next year."

"(Stoudemire's return) gives us enough to win a championship," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "Now, it's up to us as coaches and players to put it all together and do that. Any time you throw a rock in the pond, you've got some ripples. We're going to have to figure that out. This is a boulder we're throwing in.

"Everybody's got to be cool and understand the goal is to win a championship. Do I average two less points? Maybe. Do I average 10 less points? Maybe. I might not have a career year, because there's only so many points to go around. There's where the character comes in."

2. Xero.Shab

Xero.Shab Guest

Amare Stoudemire was a big part of their offense. If they had him this year imagine what they could of done. But then again, imagine if tracy mcgrady and yao were healthy this season. ::)

3. Once Amare comes back the suns are going to be unstoppable. The thing that hurt the suns the most was that we didn't have a big man. Amare is agile and fast and he can run the court but he can still post and rebound and block shots. I think the suns will make it into the finals or very close to the finals.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Suns were a really great team already. They killed the Mavs with Amare, so I think the Mavs got a lucky break this year. The Suns are going to make the playoffs with or without him anyway, so he can take them the extra step.

5. Panic

Panic Guest

That is IF he turns out to be the player he used to be...Who knows what could happen to his game after that injury?

6. Midnight

Midnight Guest

They only thing I wonder about the Suns is will they ever address the backup PG situation. Eddie House does not run the offense with nearly the same flow.

7. Babe_Ruth

They don't need a back up point guard when they have Barbosa he's a very capable point guard. Also I believe Amare should return like is old dominant self next year, and he'll bring this team to the Western Conference Finals, and help them get over the hump.

8. I think Barbosa is a Sg but I am not sure. yea we need to fill another spot for the Pg and I am not sure that Amare will be him self. He has two busted knees and knee injurys aren't a good sign in a basketball players career. I hope that Amare comes back healthy but there are slim chances he won't tear it up like he used to.

9. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Same team next year with Stoudamire in, they could be at the top of the league again. He is an unstoppable force down low and considering how far Phoenix got this year, next year they could be looking at an NBA championship which would be good to see. I like seeing new/fresh teams come to the finals and not the same old teams be it Detroit, San Antonio etc. That's why i liked to see Miami vs Dallas in the Finals. We'll see about Phoenix next year, they could be amazing.

10. Babe_Ruth

First off Leandrano Barbosa is a point guard. Second off if you watch this years playoff games of the Suns the only thing missing was a Big man, if you saw they just barely beat the Lakers and the Clippers, if they had Amare healthy for the series against the Mavs I truly believe that it would be Suns vs Heat in the NBA Finals.