Suns Send Thomas And Picks To Sonics

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Arizona Republic -
    In a move to unload salary, the Phoenix Suns traded Kurt Thomas to the Seattle SuperSonics .

In exchange for taking on the remainder of Thomas' contract, the Sonics will also receive the Suns' 2008 and 2010 first-round draft picks.

The Suns receive a conditional second-round draft pick and a trade exception of about $8 million.

Before the trade, the Suns' payroll would have left the club more than $10 million over the new luxury tax threshold of $67.9 million.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47247/20070720/suns_send_thomas_and_picks_to_sonics/

2. zunami

zunami Registered Member

So they're still more than 2 M above the luxury tax. They're gonna have to do another trade to get under it. This was a very bad move also because Kurt is in the last year of his contract and he was the only good defender against post-up players. Now Stoudemire has to guard Duncan for nearly the whole game and he'll get in foul trouble. I'm disappointed in Kerr.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree, they gave away a player that does the dirty work, he might not be has good as he once was with the Knicks, but he still a valuable player that comes off the bench. They also gave away two first rounders, the Sonics win this trade that's for sure.

4. TheDon

TheDon Guest

This is not a good decision imo but i think the Suns have something up their sleves and someone their trying to go after. Maybe P.J Brown. I think he could fill the job perfectly he can shoot that 12-14 foot jumper just like Thomas and can rebound. He's great for that backup spot.

5. M3Magic

M3Magic Guest

The Sonics are gonna be an absolutely TIGHT team in a few years.

They have the KD, Jeff Green going for them, plus all the young studs on that team right now that are gonna be role players... Plus, they're gonna be adding 1st round studs to build around them for years to come..

6. kobedaman24

kobedaman24 Guest

Kurt Thomas wasn't bad. The Suns might have saved money, but I think they lost a key role player.

7. Nash13

Nash13 Guest

Bad decision and i hope we can get someone to fill his role

8. zunami

zunami Registered Member

They really really need PJ Brown. First time that sentence has ever been typed, but it's true. They need a dirty work role player who can spend 6 fouls on Boozer, Nowitzki and Duncan.

9. Nash13

Nash13 Guest

Actually someone posted that already.

10. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Nope, not in this thread at least.