Suns Message To Amaré: Shape Up Or Ship Out

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

East Valley Tribune - Mike D’Antoni and Amaré Stoudemire had a discussion two weeks ago in Italy, where the coach told the player that he needs to dedicate himself 100 percent to the club, otherwise he won't be playing. This message was endorsed by owner Robert Sarver.

“Mike had had enough,†said a source familiar with the situation.

Stoudemire has not missed a workout or complained about pain in the knee ever since the meeting.

“People can say what they want but nobody knows what kind of pain I have in my body but me,†Stoudemire said. “Nobody knows what I can and can’t do but me.â€

Some members of the organization feel that he wasn't participating the way he should during a Tuesday shootaround. During that evening's game, he played 18 minutes.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../suns_message_to_amaré_shape_up_or_ship_out/

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

well it does make sense. It doesn't matter if you're the star if youre not going to put in 100%.

3. patkick

patkick #21

That's sort of the same thing that I have with my teammates. I've been placed in the worst team possible in my age category (U18). And I still haven't seen the best of my teammates. I know that they can do a lot better because they're just clowning around in practice.

4. Babe_Ruth

I've never expected someone to say that to Amare. The only reason why I think Mike D'antoni said that to him because he knows they can win without him so why not try to motivate him by putting some pressure on him. I think it was a good thing for Amare and the club.

5. DaKidAce

DaKidAce Guest

I mean if he was slacking you have to set him straight but you cant go as far as telling him he would play. you can say your minutes will be cut down but telling someone who doesnt miss the team practices is quite harsh.

6. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Guest

The Suns need to do what it takes to get Amare playing hard, and see if his knee can hold up to it, he's shown flashes off his old self in the pre-season, but his play has been for the most part tentative. If he can play hard with the knee right now, he'll get his confidence back more quickly.

7. Babe_Ruth

In the preseason Amare hasn't showed me really anything so far. I know that his minutes per game are not that high but the time he has benn playing he's just been a regular guy and not the beast we all know. I know this is only pre season and he'll put more effort into the regular season, but it'd be nice to see if he could become the old Amare with a breakout game in the pre season.

8. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

This is kinda harsh, but hopefully Amare inturperted this as motivation and not a negative comment questioning his athletic ability. The thing is Amare doesnt seem to be as important to their offense as once thought so, this might really motivate Stoudimire to tighten up.

9. Babe_Ruth

I doubt this message will insult Amare because he knows that Mike Dántoni is right. Amare was a beast in is first few seasoons but he hasn't shown anything to the suns organization last year and he knows that they invested money and time into him and they want him to start performing to the level he can again.