Suns Look At Olowokandi

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Arizona Republic - Former No. 1 draft pick Michael Olowokandi is coming to Phoenix - at least for a day.

Olowokandi, a 7-foot free agent with 393 career starts, is paying his own way to work out for the Suns today but is a long shot to stick.

Phoenix's post play is depending on the returns of Amaré Stoudemire, who had a good informal workout debut Monday, and Kurt Thomas, who is back to weighing 245 pounds like before his foot stress fracture in February.

Olowokandi, the 1998 draft's top pick, could play for a one-year minimum deal ($1.07 million in his case). He has career averages of 8.6 points and 7.1 rebounds.

"He's eager to get out and play a little bit," said his agent, Bill Duffy. "You can get away with stuff in the regular season that you can't in the playoffs. A 7-footer can make a difference. It comes down to isolated plays. You've got to have a big guy."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/42188/20060912/suns_look_at_olowokandi/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Im thinking this means if he goes he'll be on the bench cuz there is no way he is starting over Amare but with Amare's injury this could be a great player to come off the bench and take his place.

3. Babe_Ruth

He's an okay player. The Phoenix Suns are a pretty stacked team so if they do sign him I am not sure how much playing time he'll get. He hasn't proved anything to anyone yet in his young NBA career to be considered a key pick up. I guess like you said Fresh he's be a guy coming off the bench. In my opinion the Phonix offence is to fast for him.

4. Midnight

Midnight Guest

I hope he can keep up with the offense as well. He didn't look too motivated while he was on the Timberwolves.

I don't understand why some people praise Olowokandi so highly. He hasn't done anything significant. So far he plays like a busted #1 pick.

5. Babe_Ruth

That's the reason why he's getting so much high praises. He was a a former first overall pick and people are still hyping him up and thinking he can still live up to the potential. I doubt that will happen but I can surely be wrong. Will have to wait and see what happens after the signing. If he gets signed that is.

6. I don't really think he will be good for the suns. He is to slow for the fast pace game the suns play. you know what I am saying? to slow.