• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sunday Night Football vs. Monday Night Football

Which is the better program?

• Total voters

Konshentz

Konshentz
Which do you prefer? Which do you think is the better show?

Which has better intro? Better analysts? Better sideline reporters?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
It really depends on who is playing, sometimes the better game is on Sunday nights and sometimes on Monday nights. The announcing is good on both sides and I would have to give the edge to NBC, but the sideline interview is a tad bit better in my opinion on ESPN. So it just really depends on who is playing that week. Could not vote on this due to no decision.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Michaels has always been one of my favorite announcers, so it's hard not to give SNF the edge in that category. I like MNF's current line-up, although I was a tad bit upset they got rid of Kornheiser. I thought he was funny.

MNF's intro is a classic, I love Hank Williams Jr. and his song - but what's with the paint shooting everywhere? Who thought that was a cool idea? Haha. SNF gets points taken away for replacing Pink with Faith Hill. Eh, not a good move.

I agree that a lot of it has to do with who is playing.

Oh and this Vick performance helps MNF's case. Hahahaha.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I honestly don't even pay attention to the commentators. haha

I might like MNF more because it's just a great way to top off a monday. Hank's been singing that song for AGES, but I still enjoy it. There's just that special air to MNF.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I honestly don't even pay attention to the commentators. haha.
What!? Is that even possible, do you watch it on mute? Haha.

I actually find them pretty entertaining, for the most part that is, Jaworski annoys me sometimes. I like when they make seemingly pissy comments and take shots at each other. I'm just waiting for a scuffle. :lol:

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I've been waitin' all day for Sunday Night :)

I just like NBC's telecast more then ESPN's. Michaels is the best PbP man in the game but both commentating teams are pretty solid. Even though I've watched footballl all day on Sunday's, I like unwinding before Monday by watching football. By Monday, I just find myself gassed out of watching football, unless it's a superb matchup.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I like Monday Night Football more. I just like the announcers and ESPN's graphics better.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Patrick, Theismann & Maguire were my all-time favorite announce team from the old Sunday Night Football on ESPN. I miss those guys.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like both, but I have to go with Sunday Night Football just because I'm a huge fan of Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth is a good color commentator. But in the end, it's a win/win situation because both are very entertaining to watch in my opinion.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Depends on who is playing.

But as a smaller note, it also depends who is commentating. Some people like Joe Buck really need to kill themselves.