• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sunday evenings

Which is worse?

• Sunday Nights

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Monday Mornings

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

thealigator

Registered Member
For millions around the world I believe that Sunday night is the worst portion of the entire week. It could be that people find Monday mornings to be the worst but I honestly believe that sundays are worse because of the anticipation of monday mornings.

Sunday nights used to fill me with dread. I am still not entirely happy with them but I have started getting into a routine of which does help including having a hot bath, listening to relaxing music before I go to sleep and watching something on television that does not involve in something that could over stimulate my brain. I also wear my dressing gown and have a mug of hot chocolate.

All of this makes me sound old before my time, I accept this and will take the flack but honestly it does help me. I used to go to the pub on a sunday and not leave until 8 pm thinking it would keep me calm but honestly it just made it worse, these days I don't tend to go to the pub on a sunday at all.

What do you do on a sunday to relax and which do you think is worse? Sunday evenings on Monday mornings?

Konshentz

Konshentz
Sunday nights, for sure. I've hated them for as long as I can remember, especially when I was still in school. Your fun weekend is coming to an end, you should get to bed earlier and dreaded school/work is coming early in the AM.

Monday mornings suck but they are never as bad as you had feared they'd be the night before, at least not in my experience.

I've been "lucky" and my last two jobs have had unusual hours, so a lot of times Sunday nights and Monday mornings mean absolutely nothing to me. Unfortunately, that's not the case for tonight/tomorrow. Haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Monday mornings are much worse.

Sundays, even on the evenings, are still time to unwind and have your own time. My Sunday evenings are always pretty mellow - typically during the day I do laundry and dishes and catch up on a few chores, but in the evening I slack, watch Walking Dead (or whatever Sunday night show is in season at the time), and stay up late chilling.

Monday mornings when you wake up? That's the soul-crushing part haha. I've got a great job when it comes down to it, but the weekends always go too fast. That's why when it's Sunday night I try to treat it as my time and not the night before another long week. With a 9-5 job, you really have to just train yourself to enjoy all of your free time and not let the next day be something you think about. I'm still not great at that, but I'm improving.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Yep. I agree with @Scoundrel. The worst part is waking up on a Monday morning. Worse than the waking up part is the Monday morning commute to work part. Christ, it's always awful here in Vancouver. Work itself isn't usually too bad.

I love my Sunday evenings though. I'll spend the day doing chores and by 4 pm I'm done, and off to my boyfriend's place to watch The Walking Dead and/or Oz. If it's a PPV Sunday then he usually swings by my place because I have the WWE Network. Oh and then he makes dinner for me, which is awesome... the joys of being with a chef haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I usually work at my part-time job on Sunday's(7-3:30) then I come home and relax. Have a few beers, watch some sort of sporting event and unwind as much as I possibly can before the work week starts off again.

I really love my Sunday evenings. So, I would have to say that Monday mornings are worse between the two.