• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sunday, bloody Sunday

jimgwarb

Registered Member
"Tell me why, I don't like Sundays!"
What's in favour of this awful day preceding ghastly Monday? There's nothing going on, shops are shut, Tele shitty and Web crawlers take the day off to attend to domestic matters. Sunday is not a day to get ill, doctors hard to get hold of, same goes for plumbers should you have a pipe burst, go to the countryside for peace and quiet and find everyone else has had the same idea. And there's Church and ...the Bells! When I was a kid, it was even worse, with Sunday school, no rest for the wicked and of course little nippers were wicked, needed to be 'taken in hand' to realise life was a serious business and understand why God was always poking His nose into everything.
If you DO like Sundays, tell me why.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Because it's another day that I'm alive. I normally don't have Sundays off of work, and they are busier than most other days. In fact, I should hate Sundays, but it comes down to this...I'm alive= yay!

If I go around and say "man I freaking hate Sundays" then well...I'm going to hate them. Keep your mind in a constant thought for long enough you'll make it your reality so to speak. In other words, who cares what day it is, just enjoy it.

jimgwarb

Registered Member
Tomorrow is Sunday or is now. And I shall be watching the golf. So THIS Sunday suits me fine. Sunday? It depends what's on the programme.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like Sundays because like SuiGeneris said your alive. Also its usually a day we get together with family and being Sunday I use that as an excuse not to work my butt off.lol

As far as doctors go when can you get a hold of them anyway. If you have an emergency you have to go to the emergency room anyway. A lot of doctors won't see you on the spur of the moment here.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Haha, being Irish i thought this thread was about something very different... Sort of an Alan Partridge situation! :p

Alan Partridge - Sunday Bloody Sunday - YouTube

As for Sundays the day, i don't mind them! I like to relax, chill out and no better day than a sunday. Plus i'm living at home for a while during the summer since finishing college, and my mum usually makes a really nice breakfast on Sundays and there is NOTHING to put someone in a good mood like an awesome breakfast.

jimgwarb

Registered Member
Haha, being Irish i thought this thread was about something very different... Sort of an Alan Partridge situation! :p

Alan Partridge - Sunday Bloody Sunday - YouTube

As for Sundays the day, i don't mind them! I like to relax, chill out and no better day than a sunday. Plus i'm living at home for a while during the summer since finishing college, and my mum usually makes a really nice breakfast on Sundays and there is NOTHING to put someone in a good mood like an awesome breakfast.
Today, Sundays aren't what they were - which is a good thing. God is now dead, or seems to be, is always on holiday, just leaving the climate (rain, rain & more rain) to do its thing, and Sunday school is a thing of the past. I also am Irish, family from Kerry, but sadly interbred with Scots, Angles and Czechs to produce the hotchpotch I am today and, I'm sure, was born on a wretched Sunday.
Talking of alan Parsons, Tony Hancock had a sketch called 'A Sunday Afternoon' and that typified English life on a wet Sunday afternoon in the 1950's when there was fuck all to do.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I try to be positive as it is a day off work but there's always that bad feeling in the pit of my stomach at about 3pm. I know what day follows and it completely changes my mood.

shelgarr

Registered Member
The start of sunday I watch my favorite show. I play tennis. It is also a day of laundry and housework. Sucks. But then I might go to the dog park, or browse shops, or some other spontaneous activity that is pleasing.

IKnowKungRoo

Registered Member
For most of the year, I'm not too bothered about Sundays. I have to get my stuff ready for work (ironing shirts for the week) but on the plus side I don't have to go to the shops and can usually spend most of the day chillaxing.
It is however, almost Football season and in Football season - Sunday is Football day in our house. (NFL)

shelgarr

Registered Member
For most of the year, I'm not too bothered about Sundays. I have to get my stuff ready for work (ironing shirts for the week) but on the plus side I don't have to go to the shops and can usually spend most of the day chillaxing.
It is however, almost Football season and in Football season - Sunday is Football day in our house. (NFL)
Yay, a Brit that likes US Football. Sundays do lead to mondays and that does get me down.