• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Summerslam 2018

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Figured I would start a new thread about the biggest Pay Per View of the year. Looks like we will get Lesnar vs. Lasley/Reigns. My early prediction is that they will give it to Lashley(not happy about it). Physically, he matches really well with Brock, and the WWE always have been high on him, and are ready to try him as the Universal Champion.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'm looking forward to Ronda Rousey vs Alexa Bliss the most on that Summerslam card. Ronda's the perfect woman to beat Alexa senseless and take the title away from her.

It also seems like they're going for Becky Lynch vs Carmella at Summerslam. Becky's the most over lady on the Smackdown brand so I hope they have her beat Carmella for the title. I bet Carmella's all nice and everything outside the ring but man, she draws heat for all the wrong reasons.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
They can't go with Reigns vs Lensar again as fans will revolt big time. I do see Strowman cashing in his MITB at SummerSlam

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Also looks like we're gonna get AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe for the WWE Championship at Summerslam.

Man, I'd never thought I'd say this in 2018 about those two but man, it feels good to see those two shine on the big stage.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Also looks like we're gonna get AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe for the WWE Championship at Summerslam.

Man, I'd never thought I'd say this in 2018 about those two but man, it feels good to see those two shine on the big stage.
Please, please give the strap to Joe. I doubt it will happen, but man he would make a good champion. They need a change and this one would be amazing. I love Styles, however, a heel world champion like Joe would do wonders for the business.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
I sense Styles stays Champ till end of the year for 2 reasons one being that 2K19 comes out in late Oct where it makes sense to have him as Champ as he is on the cover & second I believe in mid January Styles will break Punk's record of 432 days as WWE Champ. This long teign has Triple H's finger prints on it for sure as we know Vince very rarely pushes guys he doesn't create

Last edited:

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Vince is never around for Smackdown Live. Triple H runs the tapings on Tuesdays.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Prediction: Owens beats Strowman somehow. Reigns wins the title. Owens cashes in on Reigns.

That's what better happen.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Hey, I'd be down with Kevin Owens cashing in on Roman as well. Either way, as long as the cash-in happens at Summerslam, I don't care if it's Braun or KO.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Owens pinning Reigns to win the title would be so amazing. Kudos to the WWE for doing Joe v Styles and Miz v Bryan. Summerslam is stacked right now.

I also like that they added the MITB stipulation to the Braun / KO match. It means something now. I could see Owens winning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HabsMike25 Wrestling 7
HabsMike25 Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 29
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 11
Millz Wrestling 31