PPV SummerSlam '10: Axxess 2 of 2

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Josh Mathews and Matt Striker strolled down the street past Axxess without attracting much attention.

Just as I was snapping this picture when they returned to the arena grounds from their mission, Matt threw up a peace sign and then blew me a kiss.

Unfortunately, as he did so, my camera went off prematurely in my hand and all I got was this blurry image of Scott Hall.

I'm joking, of course. It was super cool of Striker to give me a hand signal reaction shot as he hustled in just before the show. He wouldn't blow a guy a kiss, I'm sure. And I couldn't see Hall's face to make a firm ID on that.

Some of you may have seen this vehicle before.

The Truck

The front of the arena and two of the people I went with, my best bud Carlos and his son, Carlos Jr. Behind them you can see a Magic Johnson statue.

Remember this kid. Remember this name: Carlos Benard, Jr. Ten years old and he's already training, and on top of that he knows as much about the WWE and wrestling history as I do. I loaned him some of my old WWF VHS tapes and he watched them over and over and over again, sometimes twelve and more times each. His daddy, who was comfortably seated in New Orleans before Katrina, picked up bottles and cans out here to make sure that his son could be at SummerSlam. They often put a mattress on the floor and go at it as Rey and Show.

He wants to be "Big Man." He's going to be big.

A few more atmosphere shots, and then it's on to the good stuff.

Staples is next door to the Grammy Museum.

This older panhandler has staked out a permanent station by the back entrance to Staples Center. "Shaq and George Lopez are the only ones to give me a hundred dollars," he complained to us. "Magic? Pfft. Twenty, every time."

It should be obvious to all which fellow GF'er these next two things reminded me of.

The End

More to follow...

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was awesome buddy, are you sure that wasn't me instead of Scott Hall lol.

Thanks for thinking of me by the way lol, love the shot of Jordan's jersey, and of course I was to drink in LA.

The picture of Striker and Matthews is pretty cool, I didn't know he had a sleeve tattoo.

I like the end of this thread as well, where you just see The American Dragon fly up in the air. Can't wait to see what's next.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
That was awesome buddy, are you sure that wasn't me instead of Scott Hall lol.
Thanks, BR. Yeah, he was big as a whale. To be awkwardly honest, that was one of the few moments when you didn't cross my mind. (You'll see why, though, when I put up the next batch.)

The picture of Striker and Matthews is pretty cool, I didn't know he had a sleeve tattoo.
That surprised me, too. They always have him in suit sleeves, but I guess they only care about it when he's on air.

I like the end of this thread as well, where you just see The American Dragon fly up in the air. Can't wait to see what's next.
For the record, I didn't mess up any of the other pictures with text. That one shot was just a little too blurry to use as anything but a fan graphic and I didn't want it to go to waste entirely. It's good to know that it didn't!

Stay tuned...