Summer Outdoor Activities

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
So what have you guys planned for this summer?

My friends and I are having our summer picnics as usual, in different parks here.

Since I've already tried ziplining during Spring, I'm aiming for other activities like parasailing (has anyone done that here?) and deep sea trek diving (it's like walking under water with a helmet looking gadget for you to breathe).

I'm so excited :hoorah: and nervous at the same time. :lol:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Hi, yzzums! <3

I was going to go cross-country driving with my nephew next month, but his wife left him and it's a no-deal. I'll have to console myself with lesser things, like taking my camera out to Carbon Canyon tomorrow to see if I can get a few decent pics.

I'm aiming for other activities like parasailing (has anyone done that here?)
:nod:

I've done it a couple of times and its lots of fun. It's not scary at all once you're up there; I think you'd love it.

I don't have any activities planned this summer. My friends aren't the outdoorsy type and I'm fine just taking walks through the fields and woods by myself. They opened up a few new trails recently nearby. So yeah, nothing really. At least not whilst I'm in England.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been to Las Vegas, I'm in two Softball leagues, so I'm playing a lot of baseball right now. I try to go to the beach at least five times or so a month. I might run a half marathon later in the summer.

I personally like to keep my sumemr pretty busy, since I don't do much when winter hits.

Working two jobs has kept me pretty busy, so I haven't had time to do a whole lot more than go to the beach. I will be camping for the first time in 12 days. I'm looking forward to the new experience...I think.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm going to Cincinnati, Ohio in the beginning of August with the family but that's about it at this point. If you count being in a baseball stadium as being outside then that's what I'll be doing haha.

I've gone to the lake a couple times this year as well.

Puck

Registered Member
I started up a walking thing three times a week with a few friends. We've also gone to the beach a bunch of times and have played soccer.
And we're going camping twice in August. We're going kayaking!
I try to be outside a lot in the summer.

downeaster

Registered Member
I've been on the beach pretty much everyday for the past 2 weeks - rainy today, i don't know what to do with myself!

I made a quick trip to the neighbouring province for a night of silliness with a friend.

I'm off to a country/rock fest the 2nd weekend in Aug. and then a family reunion after that.

BUSY summer!

BigBob

Registered Member
I haven't done anything yet, but I don't know too many people over here yet that like football as much as I do.. before I moved, me and my buddies would either play basketball or football everyday, and occasionally baseball.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
:nod:

I've done it a couple of times and its lots of fun. It's not scary at all once you're up there; I think you'd love it.

I don't have any activities planned this summer. My friends aren't the outdoorsy type and I'm fine just taking walks through the fields and woods by myself. They opened up a few new trails recently nearby. So yeah, nothing really. At least not whilst I'm in England.
Tell me about it. They said you get off from a "take off" platform. Is it something stable and you just jump and hope you don't fall on the water hahaha. Or is it like a moving platform (like a mini plane). I'm doing it tandem for sure, I don't think I can do it alone.

And how does it end? The boat stops moving and you just ploof on the water? Uhm, I can't swim. :shifteyes:

Working two jobs has kept me pretty busy, so I haven't had time to do a whole lot more than go to the beach. I will be camping for the first time in 12 days. I'm looking forward to the new experience...I think.
Who are you camping with and for how long? I almost joined one but I didn't want to buy a tent or sleeping bag for it. :)