suicide

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by wyldesykosis, Mar 1, 2007.

1. wyldesykosis

wyldesykosis Feral

I could never kill myself....I've had times in my life where I wished it would end, but I just can't possibly take my own life....personally I find suicide illogical....what is everyones' take on suicide?

2. I think I have to agree with you...sometimes I feel like hiding under a rock but never bad enough to kill myself.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've thought of it, I've thought of what people's responses would be if I died but I'd never have the will to do it. I just hope I never reach a point in life where that looks like a pleasant alternative.

4. My ideals on suicide are that I have thought about it before, but I realize that it's completely selfish. However, I could never judge anyone else because the only shoes I've walked in are my own. I think the people that go through with suicide need help, and haven't received it, therefore they don't know how good they could be.

5. Yeah, I think you nailed alot of people's thoughts about suicide here. I totally agree with that.

6. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Suicide is one of those things you hate to hear about but something that crosses your mind from time to time when things are rough. Personally I could never give up the only life I have because it would just be impossible for me to do. I love my life and it gets rough at times but that don't mean I want to give up. People who do it sometimes do it because of troubled love or family issues and they don't feel they are getting the breaks but how can ending your own life possibly solve some personal problems , It's only putting more of a burdon on your family and hurting them. To me any person is worth living over and if somebody thinks they are all alone in the world well then I say find somebody. Get out there and do something good for yourself and help yourself out.

7. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I thought about it once. Ahh unrequited love. But I got over it, and I'm stronger now.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I just tell myself that it could get worse, and I move on. There hasn't been anything major in my life that would even put suicide into my head yet. Even if there was.....things could be worse. Things can always be worse, unless you're dead, but then you're just being a smart-ass.;)

9. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Well I can't say I've never thought about it. I mean life has not been perfect to me but its not bad and I can't say even when I was very depressed about shit that I would have ever went ahead with suicide. I only have one life so why destroy it fully.

10. Corona

Corona Registered Member

The odd thing about suicide is that when you're really depressed, you think about it, and the thought of suicide somehow comforts you, and helps you out of depression. Even though you know in the back of your head that you won't do it.