Suggestions please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by myGUNgoesPewPew, Jul 21, 2008.

1. myGUNgoesPewPew

myGUNgoesPewPew Registered Member

i just kinda started working with photoshop a few weeks ago

this is my first attempt at a signature picture for me......can you tell me what i should add or take out? Im just lookin for a little suggestions or help.

[​IMG]

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd go a little easier on the text bevel. Or make the black more of a mid to dark green instead. Might be easier to read then.

3. myGUNgoesPewPew

alright, anything other than that? i know i put like a 2 or 3 pixel border on it, but it doesnt seem to be that much like it shows on photoshop......

4. Mirage

Well I like the font better in your Prodigy sig. How would the other one look with more of a messy font?

5. myGUNgoesPewPew

idk i didnt save as a PDF or w/e its called so i can go back and edit it, i forgot.....but it wasnt hard to make that, took me like 5-10 mins

Mirage likes this.
  6. Mirage

Oh.. :D You should have mentioned that lol. But yeah it's not bad. I'm picky when it comes to graphics which is why I hardly ever make sigs even for myself.

What is that picture in the background?

7. myGUNgoesPewPew

its a character from the video game: Soulcalibur, characters name is Siegfreid if thats what ur talkin about.......if its the actual green background, i just threw some grunge brushes in there, random and colored it....lol

but im remaking it and ill try to find that same font that i had in the Prod1gy sig......ill prolly be another 10 mins
    ------
    lol alright.........heres how it looks now........i couldnt find the exact same text that i had in my Prod1gy sig but i think this is close enough and better than my last font

[​IMG]

suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  8. Mirage

That's actually a lot better. I like how the person shows up more clear now too. Looks a lot better than the first draft you posted.

If it were me personally I wouldn't do any effects on the text (or I'd go with less) but that's just a personal preference. It looks good as is right now.

Thumbs up on this one. :)

9. myGUNgoesPewPew

alright thanks man.....

ya i tried to have just a regular no effect font in the colors: white, black and a few shades of green.....but it didnt seem right, idk i like the text with that extra effect on it

10. Minimint1

Minimint1 Registered Member

Alright for a first sig, but lots of room for improvement. Like what hybrix said the text needs to be changed, the font is a little changed and a bit long, you could use initials or something. Also the general brushwork could use a bit of thought, try to make a focal point rather than just have brushes in random spots. Like what I say to everybody, sig making isn't just downloading brushes and clickinging randomly over the screen, I'm not saying you did this by the way buy yea needs work. I'd give it a 7/10 for a first sig. ^_^