Suggestions for combating ADD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mist3r_j3sus, Feb 25, 2008.

1. mist3r_j3sus

mist3r_j3sus Registered Member

I would like to hear of some good ways of combating ADD, both natural and man-made. I heard thinking positive is one way to do it but I would like to hear about other ways. I need help focusing on things because its so easy for me to go off topic and totally neglect the subject I was on.

Mirage likes this.

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Age. seriously, it just gets easier as your body slows down naturally.

For a more now result, I'm told ritalin actually works.

Also, have you tried distracting yourself on purpose? That worked for me. I'd pay attention to other things and still comprehend what was said.

Also, how old are you?

3. mist3r_j3sus

mist3r_j3sus Registered Member

27 ^.^ I am doing a lot better now then I did 10 years ago. I don't think I can take Ritalin because I am in the Armed Forces..

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Ritalin is not the answer.

Do you get piss tested? Pot works wonders for ADD.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

No. Combating poor short term memory problems with something that causes short term memory loss does not work.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Good way to combat ADD? Pay attention.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'm telling ya, weed works wonders for ADD. It mellows you out after you come down.

Hanzo_Hattori likes this.
  8. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Generally even the most serious ADD and ADHD cases have some activity with which they can focus their energies and concentrate. That usually corresponds to better overall performance in other parts of lives.

Ritalin does work, more so for ADHD. However, ADD and ADHD are frightfully overdiagnosed (I hear statistics like 75 percent of diagnosed cases are false-positives). Thus a lot of ADD and ADHD can't be cured with normal treatments or medications because they have something other than ADD.

9. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

that is true. They diagnosed me with it the first time that I went into the hospital. They put me on Ritalin, and it just made me high as hell. Then they upped the dose....I was on it for like 3 weeks before they saw that it was just making me high. Even after other people told them this.

They still think that I have ADHD. and I think that I do to. All of my brothers and sisters have it. But I would never want to go on Ritalin again.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's kind of an ignorant response considering that paying attention is exactly what people who have ADD have trouble with... Attention Deficit Disorder. ;)