Suggestion for my auction

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by wolvergambit, Apr 26, 2005.

1. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

As I'm sure most of you have checked out my auction # 5575801285 about my nephew.
    This auction was listed on Bizarrebids.com which was nice. What hasn't been nice is some of the comments left on that site under my auction especially by one person in general who believes that my auction is a hoax and she is being quite vocal about it.
    She states that this is how the majority of Ebayers feel and that is why there aren't a lot of high bids on it.

I never really gave it a second thought that people might actually think I would make up such a thing!

So, my question is do you think I need to put something more the auction to prove to the non believers that it is indeed the truth. Do you think I need to put a photocopy of the death certificate or something?

Any suggestions?

2. Mina

Mina Registered Member

You could... it would prove to non belivers... other than that I don't know.

Some people are just like that though... don't let them get you down (((HUGS)))

3. wolvergambit

Thanks for the Hugs, Mina,

I needed that about now!

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I wouldn't worry about it. Don't give in to the rude people. If you do, then they will still be rude.

5. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

hello
    i for one have seen your auction and i am a watcher of it .this person is very rude i would report them to ebay they do not tolerate this type of behavior. i do believe your auction is real and heartfelt. dont let them get to you.also when responding to them if you do i wouldnt dont put it in your auction.i personaly dont think you need to add anything but thats my 2 cents worth. some people have no feelings for others and it those people that make it hard on everyone else

6. wolvergambit

It wasn't on Ebay that they are doing it, its on another bizarre auction site where they have featured my auction and she is making all the comments in there.
    I know it shouldn't upset me, but it does. It's been hard thinking that people might actually not believe what I have written in my auction.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's the difference between the copycat sites, and this site. (Yes they are copycats, do a WHOIS search on their domain names and you will see they were registered after this site started).

They want traffic at any cost, so they allow people to post whatever they want. This site is meant to be a community, and rude behavior is not tollerated. You shouldn't find those type of comments here, and if you do, use the "Report Post" function (The little red triangle image with an "!" in it) to notify us of it and we will take care of it. :)

8. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Im sorry to hear about that wolvergambit. Just as Andrew said, we will not tolerate anything like that.

There is no reason to be rude like that, I guess I go by the old saying "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont sat it at all"

9. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

That it totally up to you but IMHO NO NO NO! Your auction touches me and thinking that someone is making fun of it just ticks me off! It also hurts that because of this it may not be getting the bids it deserves. I think I know which site you mean and after I'm finished here I just may have to go over there. (ohhhh do not tick me off. I'm out of estrogen and I have a mouth)!!!

Like the big ass (can I say that here? :)) magnet on my wall says "Mean people Suck"!

10. wolvergambit

Thanks guys, you have definately lifted my spirits. That is surely the difference between this site and the others. This one is a real community or family if you will and feels like a safe haven where we all look out for one another.

And Nanner, you gave me such a laugh. THANK YOU!!!!!!!