Suffocate or Drown?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Feb 3, 2009.

?

If you were going to die, which would you prefer?

1. Suffocation

66.7%
  2. Drowning

33.3%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, sorry in advance for the death related thread. I thought this was an interesting enough scenario to post about. :lol:

If you were going to die of suffocation or drowning, and somehow you had a choice, which would you prefer?

I think I'd rather suffocate if it came down to it. I really don't like the idea of dying under water.

:shake:

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Definitely suffocation. I think the only thing worse than drowning would be burning to death. Something about breathing water into your lungs just seems really unpleasant.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Wow really interesting thread idea.

I'd definitely rather suffocate than drown, drowning just sounds horrible, and you're right the thought of dying in water is terrible. Breathing in water simply sounds worse than not breathing.:shocked:

Yeah drowning is definitely not the way to go, for me at least.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  4. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

suffacaation. drowning would be horrible unless i was realy thirsty before it happened.

5. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

It depends entirely on what i'm drowning in.

Water - No thank you, i'll take suffocation please!

Wine - Oh yeah :D

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

This one's easy. Drowning is worse. Since when you drown, you ARE suffocating, but you also have the feeling of water going down the wrong way, which is always a pain.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You do realize that when you drown the water doesn't go into your stomach right? :lol:

Something tells me being thirsty wouldn't make it any more tolerable. :rolleyes:

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Suffocation because I imagine it would be quicker and you won't be freaking out when you're swallowing loads of water.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Drowning all the way.

I've always been a water person so worst case scenario at least I'm going out via an element I hold near and dear to my heart. That and Suffocation just seams so damn scary. I mean think about the sheer panic your heart is gonna go through if you're sittin there with cellophane stuck over your face with your lungs burning and your chest caving in via the lack of oxygen.

Ugh... water in my lungs FTW!

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Suffocation for aesthetic purposes. When you drown your bloated body looks horrible.

Seriously now, it depends on which makes us die faster. I just want the shortest period of suffering. Any clue?