• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Subway

Rohitpatel

Registered Member
I am looking to buy a subway franchise but I need some information before the start. Is this business profitable presuming the location is one is managing it well by keeping cost down. But how much can one make? 25K/50K/100K per year. After many years does one break even.

The next question is why are there so many Subways on sale? You never see a DUNKIN Donut on sale.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well Subway won best franchise of the year in 2006 from Entrepreneur magazine. Here are some of the specs on it:

Subway Franchise Information

I think it's a great idea for a franchise. Another good one seems to be Starbucks, but they aren't listed on that website so I'm not sure what the startup costs are.

mamab

Registered Member
I think a Subway franchise would be much less than one for McDonald's. Last I heard, it was a MINIMUM $1MILLION investment. Of course, as profitable as they have been the last couple of years, Subway might be up in that range.

Taggart

Registered Member
Personally, I think Subway has an excellent product. I think they've grabbed a large part of the business from Mr. Submarine, and they have a strong advertising campaign with the TV ads featuring Jon Lovitz.

Stackout

I personally think that you should go for a blimpie restraunt, the quality of the food there is way better, and worth the price of the restraunt. I know some people who own one. But the only down side to the Blimpie Restraunt is probabbly the not so much publicity it gets. That is just my opinion.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blimpie has less bread selection but more sandwiches, at least what I can tell. They don't advertise at all though on national TV so there are not near as many people who know about them.

I'm not sure if you could make money as quickly with a Blimpie vs. a Subway or not. Subway is extremely cheap to start up and might even be cheaper than Blimpie.