Subscribed Threads

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Jakey-D, May 19, 2010.

1. Jakey-D

Jakey-D Registered Member

Excuse my ignorance, I joined way back in 2008 and was active for a fair bit before financial issues meant I was away for a bit and blah blah blah...

Anyway, I remember there used to be a way to see all threads you had recently posted in. I thought this was the 'Subscribed Threads' option in MyGF but mines only seems to be showing one thread from way back last time I was active. I'd like to be able to follow threads I've posted. in.

Can someone help? :confused:

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

You can do it both ways.
    Inside the thread, clikc on "Thread tools" and choose "subscribe to this thread". then when you go to your MYGF, you'll automatically be notified about the new replies.

Also, in MYGF you have the section "Subscribed thread" see under it "List of subscribed threads"

3. Jakey-D

I don't have "Subscribed Thread" I only have "List Subscriptions" which gives me nothing. Do I have to click subscribe to thread every time I post in a different thread!? :-/

4. EllyDicious

Firstly, you have to subscribe to the thread, in order to see it on the "List of subscription".

5. Jakey-D

Okay, cheers Elly. I suppose I'll need to go through that rigmaroll each time.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

When you reply to a thread, you should be subscribed to it automatically. You don't have to do it manually for each one. You must have an option disabled somewhere or something like that - I'll go have a look.

Oh, and welcome back.
    ------
    MyGF -> Edit options -> See "Default Thread Subscription Mode" (near the top) and make sure the dropdown box is not set on 'Do not subscribe'. Change it to 'No email notification' (unless you want an email notif.).

Last edited: May 19, 2010
    EllyDicious likes this.
  7. EllyDicious

That was helpful. Thank you Bex!

Rebeccaaa likes this.
  8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Also, once you change the settings to subscribe to the thread that you post in...it doesn't happen for threads you have posted in already. It starts subscribing you to threads for the ones you post in after changing that setting.

9. Jakey-D

See you...yes you...you are officially my favourite member on GF.

That is exactly what was wrong. :D