• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Subban traded for Weber

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm disappointed, I'm pissed, I'm sad. I'm full of emotions right now. I've now lived through three heartbreaking trades: Vince Carter; Patrick Roy and now PK Subban.

Can't believe Bergevin traded him for Weber. Weber is a great player but he's no where near Subban's talent pool.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wait...what? Really? isn't Weber like 4 or 5 years older than PK is?

This is crazy talk. I always knew that Bergevin was an idiot...I'm still pissed at him for THROWING THE PUCK into his own net in the Blues series with San Jose in 2001.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Subban is 27-years-old and Weber is 31-years-old. PK is just entering his prime while Weber will be declining soon. I was all on board to give Bergevin a chance after this season, but that just went out the window. Congratulations, Nashville. You’re getting a really exciting player.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not kicking weber down the stairs, ready to see what he brings before anything.
And, I'm not, either. I like Weber. He brings a lot to the table, but this trade was horrendous. No debate there. Subban will finally be able to play his style in Nashville and he's going to be even better.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yuck it didn't even dawn on me that Subban is now in the same division as the Blues.

I am going to end up hating his guts.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yuck it didn't even dawn on me that Subban is now in the same division as the Blues.

I am going to end up hating his guts.
Oh, for sure. And it will only take a few games I'm sure.

Should be interesting to see him play in the West now.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I was really surprised by this trade. :I agree, weber is a good player for sure, but why would a team even think of trading away a player like Subban regardless of who they're getting. Doesn't seem like a smart move.

Maybe there's more behind the scenes or something that we don't know

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That was my first thought too @Millz - I didn't like Subban joining up with a rival. Oh well, I hate him now. Haha just kidding - maybe.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was really surprised by this trade. :I agree, weber is a good player for sure, but why would a team even think of trading away a player like Subban regardless of who they're getting. Doesn't seem like a smart move.

Maybe there's more behind the scenes or something that we don't know
Totally agree. Just like the Patrick Roy trade, this trade will haunt the team for several decades to follow.