• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Subban and Habs agree to long term deal

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
What happens?!? Does he sign another two years or does he sign that 8 year extension with the Habs? His arbitration case goes on August 1st!

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Re: Another PK Subban thread

3 weeks - They will hammer out an 8 year extension making him the highest payed Habs in history and defencemen until Doughty needs a new contract.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Subban's camp is asking $8.25m for a one-year contract. The Montreal Canadiens countered with $5.25m for a one-year contract.

Should be interesting day tomorrow that's for sure.

Rontzeeez

Registered Member

they'll get a deal done, because they both know their importance. I still think he'll be back and whether its 2 years or 8, ro something in between, he'll get paid well.

Double Dribble

Whatever the case will be, once he's a free agent, he'll be out of Montreal. There's been way too much drama there between PK and the organization.

My guess is he'll eventually end up as a Leaf.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Re: Subban and Habs cannot agree on a contract

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/p-k ... -1.2724982

Well, as a Habs fan and a huge PK Subban fan this is pretty disappointing. There's still a chance they can sign him long-term, but that doesn't seem like it's to happen.

I don't know all the details, but I'm really curious on why Bergevin doesn't want to give PK what he's asking for. He deserves that type of money. Playing him like this won't help things out when they need to re-sign him once again.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Re: Subban and Habs cannot agree on a contract

Marc Bergevin has turned a jubilant, polarizing, player that wanted to play his entire career in Montreal to a guy who doesn't even really want to discuss a long term contract right now. This is pretty disgusting. Horrible move by Bergevin. PK Subban and his agent decided they would take that lowball bridge gap contract so he could "prove himself" to you. Since he signed that bridge deal - he has won a Norris, was selected on the Canadian Olympic team and destroyed the Boston Bruins in round two in the playoffs. So after he has done everything you have asked of him, you continue to lowball him.

I for one, will have a large smile on my face in 3 years when Subban lifts the Stanley Cup in a different jersey. Marc Bergevin is leaving a Pierre Gauthier taste in my mouth and I hate the taste of mothballs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Subban and the Canadiens have agreed to a eight year deal worth $72m. About 9AAV per year.

So stay calm everyone the great Subban is with this team for a very long time. Now put the C on him.